Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 80lb lsj need help now!

I used 04redline/omega's tables minus the short pulse adder and never had a issue.

you know where I can find the tables?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Ask and you shall receive lol.

haha, thanks man

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Idle is too smooth now lol... one issue though, wayyy too rich. At about 10.1afr... any ideas?
    Last edited by thebucky84; 09-11-2011 at 03:30 AM.

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Advanced Tuner
    Are you in closed loop? Did you zero out the short pulse adder table?
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Quote Originally Posted by thebucky84 View Post
    Idle is too smooth now lol... one issue though, wayyy too rich. At about 10.1afr... any ideas?
    Are you logging your wideband? Also log your front o2 so we can see how the cars acting. Have you tried just pulling fuel on the maf?

Yeah I'm in closed loop and on the excel sheet it has pulse width adders to plug in. I followed that sheet to the T and it runs excellent now, just super rich. I am logging my afr and the front o2 should be logged on the chart display. The scan file I posted on post #26 should have everything there

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    We tried adders and no adders, maf only changes, for some reason though after the tables changed the stft is the only trim reading in the scanner so I need to get that straight. All the values are set for closed loop so they should be adjusting. I'm sure they are Maxed at -20.3 trim but she does at least idle smooth thanks for the graph it rocks
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Put the scalar back and work on the idle spark tables..

PNP the stock TB, the LS4 is a PITA and just not worth it IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    We tried adders and no adders, maf only changes, for some reason though after the tables changed the stft is the only trim reading in the scanner so I need to get that straight. All the values are set for closed loop so they should be adjusting. I'm sure they are Maxed at -20.3 trim but she does at least idle smooth thanks for the graph it rocks
    Force it in to closed loop with the scanner to see how far off the trims are.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    Force it in to closed loop with the scanner to see how far off the trims are.
    We've tried that unfortunately it did not work
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Wait, you cant get it into closed loop at all?

If no closed loop at all, is the front o2 unplugged or shot? Is it reading 14.7 steady?

Well heres a log and the tune, we're kind of lost right now

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

So even with the 3" ZZP intake and the TVS blower you still think the stock tb would be better?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Advanced Tuner
    theory says the ls4 will make more power, but how much more power? I dont feel like doing the math. How much maf airflow are you seeing right now? You'd really only get a noticeable difference if you were getting enough airflow that the air was going super sonic when it shrunk down to the size of the stock tb. Which is something I doubt.

Again, I would just PNP the stocker and go with that.

Yeah, I think I will save this headache and go back to stock. Just sucks to see a possible "upgrade" be wasted. Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to tame the LS4?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    theory says the ls4 will make more power, but how much more power? I dont feel like doing the math. How much maf airflow are you seeing right now? You'd really only get a noticeable difference if you were getting enough airflow that the air was going super sonic when it shrunk down to the size of the stock tb. Which is something I doubt.
    According to Rebel Autoworx, it was good for a 5hp gain on a 2.7/2.8. Considering the source, take that info with a gain of salt.

From what I've found, however, you'd need to be sucking 500+ crank hp worth of air through that blower to ever hit a point when it would be a major restriction. Furthermore, the neck of the blower is a smaller area, with more surfaces that would negatively affect flow.
    I'm not saying the TB won't make a difference, I'm just saying it's not a big restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by thebucky84 View Post
    Yeah, I think I will save this headache and go back to stock. Just sucks to see a possible "upgrade" be wasted. Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to tame the LS4?
    Yes, it's possible to tame it down.
    While I'm not going to post a tune and feed out the info, I'll say that for the cars I've tuned with it, you need to work on the idle spark tables, and the low end spark tables. How far and how much you modify those tables is a matter of personal preference.
    Really, you could make the car a total dog across the whole powerband off of those tables, if you wanted to.
    Tyler