Thread: using hptuners and wideband on carb car?

Potential Tuner

using hptuners and wideband on carb car?

Hey all-

Is there a method to use hptuners and some sort of wideband and ideally a MAP sensor on a carb car to dial in jettings/power valve enrichment/air bleeds/etc

Thanks!
    Andrew

Reason I ask is I would like to get hp for our corvettes but also need a logging wideband setup for our sbc amc gremlin project. We have a laptop but was planning on getting the pro version of hp anyhow..

Thanks,
    Andrew

Senior Tuner
    You need an OBD-II plug to connect to, plus an ECM for the software to gather data from ... basically, not possible.

An LSx motor with a carb, sure.

Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    An LSx motor with a carb, sure.

Why would that make a difference? Doesn't an LC-1 which offers it's own datalogging with a laptop plug right into the hp tuner? Does the competition offer this?
    Last edited by hpfiend; 07-14-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hpfiend View Post
    Why would that make a difference? Doesn't an LC-1 which offers it's own datalogging with a laptop plug right into the hp tuner? Does the competition offer this?
    You can log AFR with an LC-1 and Logworks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    You can log AFR with an LC-1 and Logworks.
    And also add a map signal and tach signal and you actually have a tuning setup. With only the lc1.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Quote Originally Posted by hpfiend View Post
    Hey all-

Is there a method to use hptuners and some sort of wideband and ideally a MAP sensor on a carb car to dial in jettings/power valve enrichment/air bleeds/etc

Thanks!
    Andrew

Reason I ask is I would like to get hp for our corvettes but also need a logging wideband setup for our sbc amc gremlin project. We have a laptop but was planning on getting the pro version of hp anyhow..

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Like above guys say, with a good wideband controller you can log AFR along other analog signals.

I use a Innovate LM-2 to log my carbed SBC. It has 5 analog inputs.
    The RPM signal can be picked from MSD box directly. If you have other sensors like MAP, TPS, etc you can log them no problem, they only need to be 5 volts analog signals and properly configured.

You can datalog w/ just the LM-2 handheld (it has a SD card for unlimited datalogs), no laptop required.