Thread: ECM38 to ECM67

ECM38 to ECM67

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's easy to read the datas from an E38 and write them on a E67 ? I bought a GMPP LS Harness in order to use the engine without the BCM.

Thanks a lot

you could just disable the VATS on the E38 instead.

you could also use the Compare feature of our software to view the differences between the two files.
    I count sheep in hex...

Chris,
    You mean that I will just have to correct the differences between the 2 files on the E67 files and write it on the E67 ? But, I know that there is much more parameters on a E67 than a E38, is it important or the engine can run without ?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by team corvette sport View Post
    Chris,
    You mean that I will just have to correct the differences between the 2 files on the E67 files and write it on the E67 ? But, I know that there is much more parameters on a E67 than a E38, is it important or the engine can run without ?

Thanks a lot
    E38 and E67 run the same software, the only notable difference is the number of IO pins the E67 has to control extra features and actuators. Such as DOD, variable camshafts and boost control etc. The E67 has an extra plug for the extra pins.
    I count sheep in hex...

Chris,

Is that mean that it possible to run the car with a E38 instead of a E67 ? I thought that the accelerator pedal sensor was specific for the E67.
    So, if I keep unplugged one the 3 plugs the car will run ?

Thanks a lot

well its more to do with what harness you have, the E38 and E67 are both used on Gen4 engines. I assume this is an engine swap or some kind of racecar right?

If you have a complete engine, harness and E38 ECM from a vehicle then all you need to do is disable VATS and maybe a couple other things and then engine will run fine. People use our software to do this all the time. eg. take the engine and ECM out of a wrecked corvette and put it in some other vehicle (or boat).

If you have a harness and E67 ECM for the same engine then that will probably work too. The GMPP ECM's do not have VATS enabled etc.

Electronic throttle must be used by all E38 & E67 ECM's, they do not have any capability to run a cable throttle at all.
    I count sheep in hex...