Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LNF 3bar MAP(s) conversion calibration?

Tuner in Training
    Are the GMPP calibrations the same between the HHR SS, Cobalt SS, and Solstice GXP?
    Auto '08 Solstice GXP, Norm's Fenders and Sideskirts, LED & HID lighting, street edition headlights, RPI exhaust, DEJON throttle body, piping, and CAI, DDMWorks oil catch, NGK 6509 Spark Plugs(1-step colder), 3-bar TMAP, BOSS 339 wheels, BFG KDW2 255/35, carbon fiber dash, DDMWorks J-hook rotors, Porterfield R4S pads, DDMWorks SS brake lines

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if i am correct the gxp is on its own, and hhr ss and cbss are same

haha lake forest thats whats up
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info... I finally found an auto GMS1 tune so I'm running that but I enriched the fuel table a bit.... Seemed like it was running very lean at WOT.

san clemente! maybe we can meet up some time to discuss tunes/cars. I'm new to HP Tuners so I'm trying to learn as much as I can...
    Auto '08 Solstice GXP, Norm's Fenders and Sideskirts, LED & HID lighting, street edition headlights, RPI exhaust, DEJON throttle body, piping, and CAI, DDMWorks oil catch, NGK 6509 Spark Plugs(1-step colder), 3-bar TMAP, BOSS 339 wheels, BFG KDW2 255/35, carbon fiber dash, DDMWorks J-hook rotors, Porterfield R4S pads, DDMWorks SS brake lines

the lnf's run lean on purpose for the direct injection. you should be around .86-.88
    wot.

im down to hang out except im in florida at teh moment could be gone for a while. ill still help with whatever you got questions for though. i miss the sc/laguna area alot def time for a trip home but i have no leave.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    the lnf's run lean on purpose for the direct injection. you should be around .86-.88
    wot.

im down to hang out except im in florida at teh moment could be gone for a while. ill still help with whatever you got questions for though. i miss the sc/laguna area alot def time for a trip home but i have no leave.
    Would you mind taking a look at my tune? I want to make a bit more power, but I don't want to run more that 22psi boost....

Quote Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
    Would you mind taking a look at my tune? I want to make a bit more power, but I don't want to run more that 22psi boost....
    there are a few things going on in your tune we can have you adjust.
    ill list them and paste a a file you can open as a compare, i would recommend using the camshaft tables since i got them from another post on here and they run really nice with factory turbo. it will be a nice start and you can see what we are doing.

i would recommend setting your maf base table to all 1 since these changes are going to scew the maf calibration a little bit.

dal table can use minor adjusting: in the 100% load range make 3000k and up 255 and smooth entire once to the 70% range. if any of the 100% 255 cells changed just recorrect them back to 255. we can fix boost with another table so dont have to worry about that right now.

cam tables i would reccomend taking mine they have been worked over for mid range mpg and spool.

my power enrich commanded table is set up for a nice tapered afr which prevents excessive fuel for the no boost situations in the low rpm ranges and lighter loads. mine can give you an idea and its set for the 12.6 afr happy spot most lnf's tend to like. but do play with it some once you finish the rest of your tune cause some are happy with different slightly leaner afr's in some places.

match your cat overtemp lambda to your power enrich this way you always run the afr you want for power. again see attached file for example.

make all the main spark advance tables the same so pick one of the four and copy and paste it. this makes the car run the spark advance you are commanding instead of giving it choices. if it knocks just subtract it from the tables and run again. once done you should be able to get some more timing in the max load range. (do not use my timing tables you will have knock everywhere if you run the tables in attached tune)

torque management (this is an very active section that requires alot of changes to prevent the trac cont from robbing you of power):

basically everything that says maximum torque or torque limit you will raise all those values to 100 except for two tables(general section only)
    max airload torque you make all 100 from 3200 up and 3000 put like 93 to smooth it in.
    injector disable if you make it all zero you will disable the fuel cutout for every situation possible but if you leave the far right colum with 15's it will still keep the defco active saving you gas while allowing max power.

optimum torque table takes time fine-tuning but see attached example for a decent start. value of 100 in far right column from 3500 to max rpm. and smooth entire once from 139 load - max load is pretty much a great start.

this is cool too have because i dont think you have the gmp stg flash or yours is slightly different from what i have.

i see your turbocharger settings are alot different than mine as far as changes. if you would like to experiment go ahead, but i know the proportioanal gain table has potential for power just takes some playing around.

under wastegate duty cycle your cycle max value can be 100.
    your cylce correction you will lower in the 100 range to save yourself from overboosting with the new dal values.
    i would reccomend starting with the example values and adjusting them to the desired boost level you wish to acquire.

please ask questions though i know it was alot of info to sort through.
    the lnf has a ton of adjustments. your doing good to start.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you!

This post was very helpful. I am working on getting the correct boost levels now by adjusting the Duty Cycle Correction table.... I over boosted the first time so I set them way back to max out at 85-90.... I set my MAF correction table to all 1s and I'm going to try to calibrate it tomorrow.
    Last edited by brandonc; 02-04-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Those turbo settings were copied from the GMS1 tune... I have an auto, I believe the manual has different turbo settings.....

Tuner in Training
    I notice that when I have my DAL table set at the above settings, that sometimes my boost spikes from 20 to 25/26... even if I lower duty cycle table... Do you know why this happens?

I lowered my DAL table to 10-15% above the stock tune and kept the stock duty cycle and it was stable at 19/20psi.

boost spikes are fixed with a correction of both tables so if its spiking then lower the cycle value and lessen the dal some. so if your at 255 and its spiking then drop the wg some and lower the dal to say like 235 and try it again. it takes massaging. ok and if those are the auto turbo settings from gmpp then keep what you have.

Tuner in Training
    I'm learning quickly, dialed in the settings for both the table and boost is stable at 19psi. I calibrated the MAF too and LTFTs are close to 0.

This thing is so fast now.... wow

Don't be afraid of the boost the lnf loves 22psi and it's a proven very safe pressure once you get the hang of the scanner step it up u won't turn it down I promise

Tuner in Training
    The only reason I haven't increased the boost is because I am still seeing a spike at the end of my pulls, I have a scanner log attached. As my RPMs increase my boost holds steady at 16-17psi, but when I let off the gas and hear the BOV, I see a spike to 26..... Do you know if this is a real boost spike or is it the rapid change in throttle causing it to misread boost? I set my MAF calibration back to 1 to see if this was causing any issues....

Tuner in Training
    I think I figured it out, I believe the spikes were due to the max air load torque table. I took the settings from my BSR tune that I used to have...(that tune ran super lean, 14.7 throughout almost entire RPM range + it had some knock from the its aggressive timing)

Here is my latest tune, 22psi boost, no KR. AFR looks great with your settings. My MPGs have improved at cruise too. MAF is not calibrated yet.

good stuff and maf should help make it run better as well it corrects the entire table including pe

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    OK, thanks! I didn't try that. Since I set them diff = 0 from a stage file they carried over fine. Here they are expanded all the way out for whomever needs them.

so if i want to take my stock tune that runs the stock 2.5bar sensors and run the gm 3bar sensors all i have to do is alter my tables to those settings and its all good?

currently trying to weene off of trifecta and tune myself but im running the 3bar sensors, which vince adjusted for with his tune, and need to know where to start so the car runs normal on the stock tune. thanks.
    2008 Sky RL

Yes but I would work over the whole tune based on the stock file anyway.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

yeah thats what im doing. i went completelty back to stock tune wise and since i have the 3bar sensors i needed this before i could do anything else. currently working on my own tune right now from scratch.
    2008 Sky RL

Ok, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong here, but I can not seem to get my scanner to register over the 255kpa ceiling with the 3bar maps just like the stockers AND for some reason the custom pid I'm using for the low res map is no longer work. I don't think there is a wiring issue due to the fact that I'm using the CED map adaptor/pigtail connectors. The car is running fine and hasn't spit the sensors back out at me, so they must be registering in the ecm correctly.... or at least I would have to think so. Right? I've gotta assume that I'm doing something wrong here, but I just can't nail it down at the moment. Here's what I'm seeing at the moment..

[IMG][/IMG]

and here is how I have everything set under the diagnostics tab.

Is there something that I'm missing here? I really have no clue what the heck I'm doing wrong with this, but I'm obviously missing something..
    Last edited by Freakotec; 07-03-2012 at 11:22 AM.

What's your ever boost enable rpm?
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-03-2012 at 12:16 PM.