Thread: C5 Disable O2 sensor Help

Potential Tuner

C5 Disable O2 sensor Help

I am in need of tuning a 2002 corvette with Headers and high flow cats for off road use. Has a Cold air intake as well. Any suggestions of tuning changes. I am having an issue with the O2 sensors tripping codes. I replaced one the right rear bank and the code still gets tripped. any suggestions out there.
    Thanks all

High flow cats will usally cause a P0420/421. You can disable them with the tuner. Eng. diag./DTC

It's P0420/P0430...

For rear O2s, you typically have to set the codes to 3.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

DOH, thanks DSteck.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJoe View Post
    DOH, thanks DSteck.
    I have them diabled and ther code still comes up and ideas.
    Thanks for the info
    Greatly appreciated

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 454ss View Post
    Thanks for the info
    Greatly appreciated
    Then you don't have them disabled. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by 454ss View Post
    Thanks for the info
    Greatly appreciated

Uncheck ses enable, set to no error reported.

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training
    Can I extend this thread a bit?
    I have bought the Tuning School lessons and the Pro version of the tuner with LC-1 wideband.
    I have successfully tuned out the P0420/421. What I wonder, is now can I use a factory bung for the Wideband, and just tie away a factory 02 Sensor?
    How does the car use the factory sensors, if they were reporting as malfunctioned anyway?

Tuner in Training
    The car will use the front O2's, the rear O2's don't really do anything except make sure the fronts are working properly. When you turn them off you can do what you said and put a wideband in it's place.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. This is helpful to know.
    One other thing I have not found by searching the forum, I downloaded a Tune from the repository, and the tuner has a setting for "Fan 1 Enable Speed", and it is set to "30 mph".
    I have the new Beta version of HPT and a one year newer car (2004 vs 2003), and that setting does not exist for me.
    Any ideas? Is it obsolete?

Thanks again

Tuner in Training
    I have an 03 Z06 that is charged and I believe I put mine in there like that. If so I believe you only have one option on the fans. it should show a 2 fan option. Fan 1 shows the enable and disable speeds. I believe I uploaded my tune if they allowed it was the message I got. Then I got in there and messed with the fans because I put a 160 stat in there. I have the same beta version and its there under system. email me and I will send you what I got if you think it will help.
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Tuner in Training
    Thanks hiperf454. Send me a screen shot of your configuration for the fans. I am interested in a cell labeled "Fan 1 Enable Speed".

Just hit ALT+PrintScreen on your keyboard and it should take a small pic of that configuration area. Or you can send the whole HPT file.

Thanks again
    [email protected]
    Last edited by RichmondZ16; 07-08-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: email