Thread: Invalid Vin/OS Pair Error message on already tuned PCM

Tuner in Training

Invalid Vin/OS Pair Error message on already tuned PCM

I've sent an email out as per instructions, but my question is this; the PCM has a wait4me tune already on it. Am I getting this error due to the tune? If so is there anyway to fix it on my end?

Tuner in Training
    Also I installed 2.23 Beta and it took the application key, but when I tried to go to 2.22 suite it asks for the application key and says it's invalid. I'm copying and pasting it directly from the email.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Having the pcm flashed to a valid vin/os pair via tech 2 & then rereading with our software will usually work.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Same Problem

I too am getting this error. Here is the file. Any help is greatly appreiciated.

The tune you posted has a 2003 VIN and a 2006 OS - you need to change one of these. The VIN (year / vehicle) must have a corresponding OS originally offered in that year, with that vehicle platform.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, Im guessing the only way to fix this is to find a tech 2 and reflash it? Like mentioned in the above post.

Tuner in Training
    Im running into the same exact issue right now i already had it tuned twice once mail order 2nd dyno tuned now i have to find someone who has that scanner

Quote Originally Posted by hicksport View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Im guessing the only way to fix this is to find a tech 2 and reflash it? Like mentioned in the above post.
    You have a couple of options. A full reflash to stock with a Tech 2 / Tech 2 type device - from a GM dealership or tuner who owns a Tech 2 / Tech 2 type device.

Or, given the VIN OS mis-match, the PCM has already been flashed with non-HPT software. Take it back to where you got it - and have it reflashed with a matching VIN OS combination.