Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minor misfires?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I remember reading about cia's flexpipe collapsing on people... Might be the dp giving you headaches?
    That is possible. Cat could be clogged or melted.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    Yep a bad injector would cause lots of KR on the cylinder with the bad injector.
    Is there a way to log this to see if the injectors are working fine?
    09 Imperial blue ss/tc, sunroof, g85.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

That is possible. Cat could be clogged or melted.
    So would it be worth swapping the stock dp back on to see if that gets rid of the knock or would that be a bad idea where I'm tuned?
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

Also if the cat was clogged, wouldn't my cat temp be thru the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I remember reading about cia's flexpipe collapsing on people... Might be the dp giving you headaches?
    I will be looking into this although I have never read this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06 View Post
    Also if the cat was clogged, wouldn't my cat temp be thru the roof?
    The cat temp is estimated, not measured, so, no.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Good point....I'll be pulling the dp off as soon as possible. Prob will be another week or 2. Also, would a clogged cat throw off fuel trims?

Advanced Tuner
    Good point....I'll be pulling the dp off as soon as possible. Prob will be another week or 2. Also, would a clogged cat throw off fuel trims?
    Yep. Car would run rich (negative fuel trims)

Which is what I was experiencing before the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Which is what I was experiencing before the tune.
    Yep.

The car seems to pull decent but you can hear the knock retard/ spark knock when it occurs, which kinda scares me. Gonna pull the dp off tomorrow and see what's up. Hopefully i see a melted cat or a collapsed flex pipe lol.

Well I gutted the cat converter and it didn't make a difference. The flex pipe wasn't collapsed either. Still knocking as it was before. Hmmm....I just don't understand it!

Advanced Tuner
    Well I gutted the cat converter and it didn't make a difference. The flex pipe wasn't collapsed either. Still knocking as it was before. Hmmm....I just don't understand it!
    Neither do I. I tried richening it, pulling timing nothing seems to change the knock. I would just drive the car.

Too bad you don't have any ethanol, that got rid of all my KR last year.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Too bad you don't have any ethanol, that got rid of all my KR last year.
    Yep he has no E-85 up there in Canada.

Yeah, its either that or sell it.

I wish I had ethanol. That would rule some things out.

Neither do I. I tried richening it, pulling timing nothing seems to change the knock. I would just drive the car.
    The car still seems to be running rich. I cleaned my muffler tip lastnight and I drove 1.5 hrs home and the tip pretty black again.

So if I was to install the gms1 tune back on and take it to a dealer, Id do a write entire and that would put the flash count back to 1 and they wouldnt know it was tuned, right?

Advanced Tuner
    The car still seems to be running rich. I cleaned my muffler tip lastnight and I drove 1.5 hrs home and the tip pretty black again.
    The last file I sent has a slightly leaner PE A/F. I was trying anything to stop the knock so I richened it up to 12.2 A/F where I would normally command 12.6-13.0 A/F. It is normal for these cars to produce lots of soot even when they run lean.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 04-25-2011 at 01:24 PM.