Thread: Sensitize KR in ls2 location

Sensitize KR in ls2 location

I have my ls1 knock sensors used on my ls2. They are located on the sides of the block. I have never seen a single degree of knock in a scan.

I know there is a sensitization table in hptuners, however I don't really understand it. Ive jacked the values upwards in certain areas, but i have no idea where they should be set at. Does anyone have a preconfigured table or have any tips to set it up.

Ive heard there was a post about this somewhere, but I have been unable to find it.

My SOM T/A's FQuick!
    2002 T/A: Torquer V3, Full Boltons, Suspension, M6, Lots of misc things.
    My Z/28's Cardomain (13.9 @ 101.1)
    1997 Z/28: A4, Some boltons, Lots of misc things.

Quote Originally Posted by pHEnomIC View Post
    I have my ls1 knock sensors used on my ls2. They are located on the sides of the block. I have never seen a single degree of knock in a scan.

I know there is a sensitization table in hptuners, however I don't really understand it. Ive jacked the values upwards in certain areas, but i have no idea where they should be set at. Does anyone have a preconfigured table or have any tips to set it up.

Ive heard there was a post about this somewhere, but I have been unable to find it.

would too like to know...

Baezi

I´ve been looking for some help too for a long time.
    Don´t think anybody really knows..
    But if you increase the values, system gets LESS sensitive for knock. So maybee we have to lower the values and scan for signs of knock, after a couple of rounds we get values that will protect us from disaster..?
    C5-2000 MN6 LS2 block Tony Mamo FAST90+Ported LS2 TB 100mm MAF AFR 205 59cc CompCam 921 Yalla Terra G5X1 LG Pro Headers LG G2+T1 Chassie LG ducts MOVIT brakes - HPT&NGK AFX
    //Sweden

Potential Tuner

+4
    Also like to know how to make the relocation work as intended.

Bump as well, would like to know of direction to go with it. Should we copy the parameters for the knock sensors from a LS2 car and put them in our ECU?
    02 Z06.

LS2 swap- TF220's- 1 3/4 LT's- 240/244 .608/.596 112LSA- Fast 92- 90mm DBW- No cats- Stock Ti exhaut- 60lb tall injectors- Monster STG 3 w/chromoly- Tick master cylinder-

Advanced Tuner
    LS2 has a completly different Knock Sensor.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Ok, so that is a no.

How should we go about correcting our knock sensor tables for the new sensor placement?
    02 Z06.

LS2 swap- TF220's- 1 3/4 LT's- 240/244 .608/.596 112LSA- Fast 92- 90mm DBW- No cats- Stock Ti exhaut- 60lb tall injectors- Monster STG 3 w/chromoly- Tick master cylinder-

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sabastian458 View Post
    Ok, so that is a no.

How should we go about correcting our knock sensor tables for the new sensor placement?

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by abi View Post
    [/B]

Bump

Tuner in Training
    Bump again.

I'm curious as well, but mine is for going from an aluminum LS1 to an Iron Block 408. I haven't seen any knock, even when I've heard her ping a little.
    2002 T/A Firehawk : bilstein/eibach package, auburn
    TSP 404 Iron Long block with PRC stage 3 6.0L heads, Texas Giant cam, Fast90, NW90, Kooks 1-7/8", Kooks ORY, Magnaflow/cutout, Spec 2+, Spec Billet Flywheel, Racetronix 37# injectors
    Strano Springs, Koni Adjustables
    BMR: Q Arm, boxed LCA, PHR, STB.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog View Post
    Bump again.

I'm curious as well, but mine is for going from an aluminum LS1 to an Iron Block 408. I haven't seen any knock, even when I've heard her ping a little.

i have LS2 404 and ls1/6 PCM and Knock sensors

i have seen knock whith the tune here below.... like you can see on the log

but i have no idea if it was false or not.....

please looke and conmpare your and tell me what you guys think

Baezi