Thread: What would it take to get Tundra Support

Tuner in Training

What would it take to get Tundra Support

Trying to find out what it would take for Hptuners to offer tuning support for the toyota Tundras. These truck are running around with 380 hp in stock form. TRD offers a Supercharger and tune that pumps power 500/550 hp/tq with the AFR being really rich. there is nothing be offered by anyone to flash the ecu at all. The only options right now are Unichip and aem f/IC and MAP ECU which are all piggy back systems. Im wanting to put a t76 on my tundra but with out total control and injector control I dont feel comfortable. Im trying to find out what it would take for Hptuners to take notice and consider taking a crack at the ecu.

Patrick

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    about 3 new engineers and address info
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Old thread but I now own a tundra and I think you guys got more engineers lol. Any chance us hptuners owners can help get the ball rolling on this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post
    Old thread but I now own a tundra and I think you guys got more engineers lol. Any chance us hptuners owners can help get the ball rolling on this?
    You are correct, we've gained a few new engineers since then however the whole information thing remains. You'll notice over that timeframe we've added support for Mercedes, Dodge, new GM & new Ford applications so we haven't been sitting on our hands. We also have alot of new applications coming down the pipeline. However information on a particular application is key, not just needlessly throwing engineering resources at something that will likely lead to alot of dead ends.

Compare the supported vehicles list then https://web.archive.org/web/20101218...e_vehicles.php to what it is now and you'll see we've been hard at work
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You are correct, we've gained a few new engineers since then however the whole information thing remains. You'll notice over that timeframe we've added support for Mercedes, Dodge, new GM & new Ford applications so we haven't been sitting on our hands. We also have alot of new applications coming down the pipeline. However information on a particular application is key, not just needlessly throwing engineering resources at something that will likely lead to alot of dead ends.

Compare the supported vehicles list then https://web.archive.org/web/20101218...e_vehicles.php to what it is now and you'll see we've been hard at work
    What does that mean exactly?
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987