Thread: getting somewhere

Tuner in Training

getting somewhere

I'm making progress SD tuning this thing but I'm kind of stuck on this idle, when I get back to the driveway after logging LTFT's, it stumbles BAD and today it actually stalled. I'll attach a log file as well as tune file and if someone can nudge me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 Cts-V 366 LS2 forged rotating assembly stock stroke, LPE TRG-002, JE Flat Top 4.009 pistons, Tick SNS Stage 3 Cam, LS7 lifters, BTR 7.450 Hardened Pushrods, BTR Dual .660 springs, Harland Sharp 1.7 Rollers, Katech oil pump, C5-R chain, Mantic Single Clutch w/Tick remote bleeder, Hurst short throw, 8.8 Torsen 4:10's, 31 spline DSS, K&N intake, mid rise sheetmetal 90mm TB, 1 7/8 OBX Long Tubes no cats, AEM Wideband, ATI Balancer, 160* Tstat, lowered on BC Coilovers, HP Tuners Pro

For starters... why is your BRAF ZEROED out for the P/N fields? You need to have SOMETHING in there to tell the PCM where it needs to have the IAC to give you a good/decent idle....

Hp Tuners>idle>airflow>base running airflow>idle airflow

That P/N row SHOULD NOT be ZEROED out......

Also... Is your wideband calibrated correctly? It's showing AFR's in the 15's and yet it is showing an error in your graphs of 15%.. Something is wrong with the information you are receiving.. It can't be 15% LEAN and be showing an AFR in the low 15's.. I would figure out what you need to do to calibrate the wide band or verify the off set in HPT. Does your wide band have a display? If so, is it syncing up with what is being displayed in HP Tuners scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HATEHPTUNERS View Post
    For starters... why is your BRAF ZEROED out for the P/N fields? You need to have SOMETHING in there to tell the PCM where it needs to have the IAC to give you a good/decent idle....

Hp Tuners>idle>airflow>base running airflow>idle airflow

That P/N row SHOULD NOT be ZEROED out......
    If the tune you are looking at is from the vehicle in his signature space it came that way from GM. Manual transmissions come with the P/N row zero'd out and only use the Drive row.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, M6 trans and using I believe stock parameters there. My wideband is reading correctly (so I believe) it does match up with what the Scanner is reading, I'm attempting to dial in my fueling to 13 AFR for now, I'm multiplying by half instead actually adding a percentage, so I'm gonna start adding 2 or 3% on my next log to achieve what I'm looking for. my main problem is I only get an hour or so a week to putz with this thing, so it's been a very slow process. I know I'm missing some things but it's a learning process.
    2005 Cts-V 366 LS2 forged rotating assembly stock stroke, LPE TRG-002, JE Flat Top 4.009 pistons, Tick SNS Stage 3 Cam, LS7 lifters, BTR 7.450 Hardened Pushrods, BTR Dual .660 springs, Harland Sharp 1.7 Rollers, Katech oil pump, C5-R chain, Mantic Single Clutch w/Tick remote bleeder, Hurst short throw, 8.8 Torsen 4:10's, 31 spline DSS, K&N intake, mid rise sheetmetal 90mm TB, 1 7/8 OBX Long Tubes no cats, AEM Wideband, ATI Balancer, 160* Tstat, lowered on BC Coilovers, HP Tuners Pro