Thread: Used ECM

Tuner in Training

Smile Used ECM

How do I transfer my current OS and tune to a used ECM with the same part #.
    Has anyone done this without any problems? Thanks 2010 LMM 2500HD Chevy

open the tune you want to write, then connect to the pcm-aldl and do a write entire.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training

Smile

I'll give it a try, thanks

Tuner in Training

Smile

Tried the write entire option and no matter what I did it would only default to write calibration. Every thing seem to work properly but the process only took less that 2 minutes. When I read the Entire ECM it took close to 15 minutes. Perhaps I have a computer issue but it work well with my other stuff. It's an Acer note book. I did read and write in the lower speed mode. I received no error message and don't have a clue where my problem is. Thanks for any help

Tuner in Training
    Did you try it on the truck or just assume it isn't right?

Mine writes faster than reads.
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

Quote Originally Posted by sgt473 View Post
    Tried the write entire option and no matter what I did it would only default to write calibration. Every thing seem to work properly but the process only took less that 2 minutes. When I read the Entire ECM it took close to 15 minutes. Perhaps I have a computer issue but it work well with my other stuff. It's an Acer note book. I did read and write in the lower speed mode. I received no error message and don't have a clue where my problem is. Thanks for any help

when your reading out... your reading the vcm and tcm? so when you write your only writing the vcm? might take less time.. read the file out and compare it to the file you wrote to the vcm.. are they the same file?
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training

Smile

I tried it on the truck many times, I get a trouble code 268a . injector flow not programed. I was told I need a tech 2 to copy the flow rates from the glow plug module . I thought if you write the entire ECM it would also copy the injector flow rates. Also after you start the write entire process, the screen still says write calibration. Should . I cleared the codes before the process but the light remains on. The vehicle starts and runs but the check engine lite stays lite and the remote start doesn't function. If I put my original ECM back all is back to normal. I bought the ECM pre programed with my Vin #, I also bought a used one from an 2009. The used one doesn't allow the truck to start and the vats relearn will not work. I also get a a code for security on the dash information panel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I checked the both files with a Hex editor and the replacement ECM is missing code at several addresses. The files don't compare, which leads me to believe I'm not doing a complete write entire.
    The company I bought the ECM from said it isn't locked or I wouldn'r be able to even write the calibration.