Thread: speedo calibration WARNING

Tuner in Training

speedo calibration WARNING

I wanted to warn you guys to make sure that the check box for having the program automatically adjust the transmission tables when changing tire size IS NOT CHECKED!!

I made the silly assumtion that the adjustments would be correct - NOT! My shifting went out big time and I could not get 6th gear anymore. And I was only making a 2% change to correct the faulty GM factory settings. The option is defaulted 'on', so be sure to turn it 'off'. It should be OFF by default!! In fact, I would advise everyone to make their changes on the gereral page and forget all about the tire size/gear change page. You can make more accurate adjustments on the general page anyway.

Anybody listening!
    Last edited by roy67ss; 10-18-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

Potential Tuner
    good advice! i will have to make a note of that when I put my 285's on my truck! do you think there is any difference for this btwn the 5 and 6 speed allisons?

Tuner in Training
    That option page is not there for my 2005 LLY operating system. With it you have to adjust the PPM and the revs per mile. DO NOT ADJUST THE PP KILOMETER. The conversion in the program is wrong!! The revs per km at the trans-dist line is OK to adjust.

I make all my adjustments based on actual measured distance vs the odometer reading. I do percentage changes. If the odometer is deadly, so will the speedometer be. Hwy mile markers are usually a good thing to use, especially on a very long straight piece of hwy. I have a marked 50km section that I drive frequently. I use it for my calibrating.

FYI, GM puts in numbers that favor them with warranty mileage by about 2-3%.
    Last edited by roy67ss; 10-19-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    Roy

- PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls

please email some files to support along with a descirption of the problem and i will take a look at it.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Bill has your files.
    Roy