Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost PE maxed out and still lean.

a couple of things...

1. it's fine to have the DTC's set to either 0 - MIL on 1st or 2- No MIL

2. log the Dynamic Cylinder Airmass (g/cyl) in the scanner (the Dynamic Airflow values are calculated from the dynamic airmass but are limited to 512 g/sec, but the dynamic airmass is not limited and is what is used by the PCM for fuelling and spark. You shouldn't have to set the Boost VE to anything close to 4096. Also log the GM VE value.

3. get a fuel pressure gauge on that engine and check the fuel pressure to eliminate a pump or other issue.

4. make sure your MAP sensor is calibrated correctly by comparing against a known good boost gauge or something. Also check your baro reading in the scanner to ensure it is somewhere around 100kPa. The scanner is showing a lot less than 12psi boost.

5. Check your wideband
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    a couple of things...

1. it's fine to have the DTC's set to either 0 - MIL on 1st or 2- No MIL

2. log the Dynamic Cylinder Airmass (g/cyl) in the scanner (the Dynamic Airflow values are calculated from the dynamic airmass but are limited to 512 g/sec, but the dynamic airmass is not limited and is what is used by the PCM for fuelling and spark. You shouldn't have to set the Boost VE to anything close to 4096. Also log the GM VE value.

3. get a fuel pressure gauge on that engine and check the fuel pressure to eliminate a pump or other issue.

4. make sure your MAP sensor is calibrated correctly by comparing against a known good boost gauge or something. Also check your baro reading in the scanner to ensure it is somewhere around 100kPa. The scanner is showing a lot less than 12psi boost.

5. Check your wideband

Will do Chris, thanks.
    2005 C-6

Specs:

- '05 Z51 'vette 'vert
    - Z06 ass end
    - MN6
    - forged, stroked to a 404
    - Procharger D1SC @ ~16 psi
    - 235/242 614/624 115 lsa
    - 83# Seimens injectors (with proper Banish info)
    - 2.5 bar OS w/2.5 bar MAP
    - twin walbros
    - Kooks, 3", Corsa
    - Meth

Seems it was my wideband. When I removed the wideband from my other car I didn't remove two small resistors that went from ground to each wire carrying the narrowband and the wideband signals. I now have the resistors installed on my car and my wideband is back to normal.

Now that I feel safe holding it to the floor, I got on it in third gear and at about 5000 at 80+ mph, the back end broke loose......and that's with 345/30 Pilot Sports and a 10.5 AFR. Thanks everyone your help.

~Tim
    2005 C-6

Specs:

- '05 Z51 'vette 'vert
    - Z06 ass end
    - MN6
    - forged, stroked to a 404
    - Procharger D1SC @ ~16 psi
    - 235/242 614/624 115 lsa
    - 83# Seimens injectors (with proper Banish info)
    - 2.5 bar OS w/2.5 bar MAP
    - twin walbros
    - Kooks, 3", Corsa
    - Meth