Thread: Who is running the 2.5 Bar OS on a 2007 Z06?

Potential Tuner

Who is running the 2.5 Bar OS on a 2007 Z06?

I seem to be getting mixed messages on this. Is the 2.5 Bar custom OS available for the 2007 Z06? I know there are a bunch running it on their 06 Z now but how about the 07 Z?

If it is available What map sensor are you using? The factory Z06 map only reads to 1 bar. Also is the 2.5 bar a direct fit or does it take a custom harness?
    Last edited by Street gear; 02-18-2010 at 11:59 PM.

just another q regarding the same subject ... i know with 2.5 bar system u get the normal VE table plus extended maf limit etc etc with is good for booted applications ..

if i upgrade my OS to 2 bar system would i still get the seem feathers e.g VE (mainly) ... i just want to try it on 2008 z06 E38 ..

thanks

Advanced Tuner
    yes u can, but ull still need a 2.5bar map sensor if im not mistaken. I got a bunch of those too if you want.

Advanced Tuner
    if you still NA you dont need to change the sensor, just change the map sensor values back to stock and change the map values on the ve table and your done

Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    yes u can, but ull still need a 2.5bar map sensor if im not mistaken. I got a bunch of those too if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    if you still NA you dont need to change the sensor, just change the map sensor values back to stock and change the map values on the ve table and your done
    yup am trying to test it ...in N/A car thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    i guess you;re right, its been a while since I edited my 2.5bar file, but it does seem that the VE table values are editable, that would make one accurate VE table.

before i upgrade my OS ..do i only need to fill the empty VE tables with stock values and that it ??!

Quote Originally Posted by 4evervette View Post
    before i upgrade my OS ..do i only need to fill the empty VE tables with stock values and that it ??!
    Yes.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
    i guess you;re right, its been a while since I edited my 2.5bar file, but it does seem that the VE table values are editable, that would make one accurate VE table.
    yep you end up with 2.5kpa resoultion, making it very very accurate at all throttle positions.. im still yet to find a car that cant be tuned correctly with the 2.5bar os.. ive done probably 400 cars with it ranging from stock cam to wild cams and twin turbo 10sec street cars..

Consider yourself lucky you have an 07. they havent made an custom OS for any other year yet that I know of.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    Consider yourself lucky you have an 07. they havent made an custom OS for any other year yet that I know of.
    Huh, where you been bud?

They have a 2.5bar custom OS (includes the extended MAF table range, too) for the C6 for years 2006, 2007, 2008, and I believe 2009 now. This is at least on the Z06, and maybe the LS2/LS3 now. There's another thread will all this information about it here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14800
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)