Thread: TCC Apply Enable?

TCC Apply Enable?

Hey Guys,

This PCM is being used to control the 4L60E, Gauges & creature comforts of a Silverado. But the engine is a carbed SBC.

The trans has a Dacco 2800-3200rpm stall converter
    Factory '04 4L60E, vette servo & transgo HD2 are sitting in the garage awaiting install
    Attached is the Config, the Tune and Log files.

I've actually been trying to diagnose a weird TCC apply problem between the 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift. I think have figure out that issue, but I was curious as to what the 'TCC mode' is referring too when it says 'Apply Enable' and '--5--'. When this occurs the TCC is unlocked, and is making the TCC apply at a higher MPH than commanded. Is there a way to reduce the 'Apply Enable' time and just simply make the TCC lock & unlock. The TCC duty cycle is already Min:99 Max:100

In this log, the coolant temp sensor is broke. That's why you aren't seeing a reading.
    Last edited by 04SilveradoMykk; 12-21-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Custom PCM Tuning in Hollywood Ca

Here's one for ya guys...

I lost the function of my TCC today, I can see in the scanner the PCM thinks it's locked while it's free spinning. Yet I can manually lock it from the VCM controls and it will work.

Any ideas?

Custom PCM Tuning in Hollywood Ca

Advanced Tuner
    One thing I can contribute is that the truck TCMs (4L60,70E) don't behave like a 4L60E out of GTO.. For instance, my truck unlocks when I lift off the throttle. I cannot believe more people aren't pissed about this. I can't tell if your problem is just related to the stock TCC programming ignoring your tune's commands.. And that sounds weird, but my truck only locks up @ WOT at the stock values, regardless of what I have input.. Command it via scanner.. and all is well.
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh no do a search of 4l80's and there is bunch of people still waiting that hopefully a table or a type of switch will be added so that we can control how the TCC operates when you let off the throttle...

Eric