Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Advanced Tuner
    I have a 2Bar Map - Speed Density option if i go the OS option in my current tune.
    is this the same as the 2.5 Bar OS you guys are referring to ?

If so, do i need a 2Bar Map to tune my N/A car if i convert my tune to the 2 Bar Map?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    Yes, that is your options. Both independant of each other. If you do the custom os, you don't need this program. You get a real ve table to work with, the simplest - easiest - fastest option. If you use the program, you don't need to purchase the custom os. You can do N/A thru 2.5bar FI, all with the stock os, main benefit is thats its free... but with the headache of learning somthing new and dealing with it's intricacies.
    Currently, the car I'm working on is a 2006 Z06 - my understanding is that this particular year of e38 may not have the custom OS available.

So, it sound like, if the extra couple of credits isn't a problem, the custom OS may be the way to go - if it is available.

The EFILive guy who is pushing proper VVE tuning (using EFILive) is saying that without it being tune perfectly, the e38 will pull power to ensure a smooth transition of power delivery.... and that overwriting the e38's ability to use the VVE map with an HPTuners map guarantees this will occur. To me, it sounds like a crock, and if HPTuners has a custom OS to effectively expose a true VE map, then they would have ensured this custom OS handles the map appropriately.

Advanced Tuner
    I've done 2 ~15-20 minute logs of cruising and made the changes. Roughly, how many times should I repeat the process? Is it realistic to not have any cells over/under 5%?

Thanks.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by servion View Post
    Currently, the car I'm working on is a 2006 Z06 - my understanding is that this particular year of e38 may not have the custom OS available.

So, it sound like, if the extra couple of credits isn't a problem, the custom OS may be the way to go - if it is available.

The EFILive guy who is pushing proper VVE tuning (using EFILive) is saying that without it being tune perfectly, the e38 will pull power to ensure a smooth transition of power delivery.... and that overwriting the e38's ability to use the VVE map with an HPTuners map guarantees this will occur. To me, it sounds like a crock, and if HPTuners has a custom OS to effectively expose a true VE map, then they would have ensured this custom OS handles the map appropriately.
    efi live people will spin rubbish about the VVE to make them think they are using the right soultion.. 99% of them havent seen anything different yet they still spin rubbish... if you saw how there VVE handles things you would soon realise that it is the most inaccurate soultion on the market.

you dont need a 2 bar map sensor to use the custom os, you just tell the PCM that you still have the stock map sensor by changing back the values in the engine air flow tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99LS1SS View Post
    I've done 2 ~15-20 minute logs of cruising and made the changes. Roughly, how many times should I repeat the process? Is it realistic to not have any cells over/under 5%?

Thanks.
    You should always get under 5% on your WOT area, the idle and low throttle area is up to you on how close you want to get to stoich.

Advanced Tuner
    I've only worked on the low throttle areas. I'll mess with the WOT in the next few days. Thanks for the reply.

Advanced Tuner
    Any chance of a vertical interpolation and/or smooth feature in the near future?

Or is there a semi-easy way to do that now?
    Last edited by 99LS1SS; 03-03-2010 at 08:28 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99LS1SS View Post
    Any chance of a vertical interpolation and/or smooth feature in the near future?

Or is there a semi-easy way to do that now?
    I did not put in a Vertical interpolate as I ran out of free time to do it when I last worked oon the code, sorry. Anyone else looking for this?

Tuner
    What am I doing wrong? I created the Histogram and my values going to the graph are 00.00 no matter what. Did I do something wrong? BTW, this is for a 2007 GMT900 Silverado PCM/TCM combo. I assume this is the E38 PCM.

Last edited by redheartbeat; 03-07-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Tuner
    I guess I found the issue, SENS.40 and PID.2311 are not active parameters in the GMT900 tune.

Advanced Tuner
    See post #1 for an update #2 and re-download

Just wanted to give a big thanks for this program. I've used it several times and it works like a champ. Ran into a few glitches from time to time with losing all the data in the cells but a simple re-load of previous saved cal was no problem. The least of my headaches considering.

Thanks for sharing this.

Tuner in Training
    I second that! A great tool. Thank you.

On the new version can someone explaine what the difference is between the interpolate and smooth funcions are?

Thanks.

134 posts and no one has a tuning guide written.............plz.
    AkNovaMan
    '99 Jaguar XJ8 turbocharged 6.0L 4L80e
    '99 B4C Police Camaro '96 9C1 Police Caprice

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aknovaman View Post
    134 posts and no one has a tuning guide written.............plz.
    I have been working on help file (.chm file) that will be linked to the help menu item. Just haven't had enough free time to get it done. It is gonna take some time!

If everyone that has benefited from this terrific software sent $20 to ktonnsez's paypal account, he would be rewarded for spending his valuable time and be more motivated to finish the help file. Just a suggestion.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post
    If everyone that has benefited from this terrific software sent $20 to ktonnsez's paypal account, he would be rewarded for spending his valuable time and be more motivated to finish the help file. Just a suggestion.
    I'm in too as Ken has helped me out on several different occasions. Ken, just sent you $20.

Christopher

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the appreciation Chris!!

Advanced Tuner
    Bumped this because I'm going to try to tune my VE again now that I have a supercharger. Is there anything I need to be worried about?

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    I'm in too as Ken has helped me out on several different occasions. Ken, just sent you $20.

Christopher
    post a link for his pay pal and i am willing to may a donation for the cause.