Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    has anyone gotten "The data from the clipboard does not match the highlighted size" error? i can copy 1 cell but anything bigger than that throws that error. I'm copying and pasting and sometimes it pasts transpose?
    Make sure you highlight the exact same size in both excel and my program while copying and pasting. Also always highlight from top left to bottom right when picking the cells and it will work for you and not transpose. Also make sure you are using version 3.5 and have downloaded it within the last 5 days as I made a couple of fixes last week for a few guys.

Another thing I found today while using an E38 config I found on here was that you need to make sure your X&Y axis are correct in the histogram you are using. I figured this out after applying the scanner data and doing a compare of the original VE table and saw that the data was applied to the wrong cells. Also I could not get the cells to hit the right map & rpm using the LS1 table, I tried with the LS2 VE format and had no problem with that one. I would like to say thank you ktoonsez for all your hard work and being on top of all the feed back, I really appreciate all the work you have put into this!
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER View Post
    Another thing I found today while using an E38 config I found on here was that you need to make sure your X&Y axis are correct in the histogram you are using. I figured this out after applying the scanner data and doing a compare of the original VE table and saw that the data was applied to the wrong cells. Also I could not get the cells to hit the right map & rpm using the LS1 table, I tried with the LS2 VE format and had no problem with that one. I would like to say thank you ktoonsez for all your hard work and being on top of all the feed back, I really appreciate all the work you have put into this!
    Thanks for the compliments Yes you have to make sure your X&Y axis from HPTuners are the same as the one you are using in my program and also you are using the same labels for the MAP and RPM so it is matching apple's to apple's. Enjoy guys.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
    I am having a problem applying HPTuners scanner data to the VE table using the latest version. Histogram data is open to the table I want to apply. Software grabs the data and trys to apply it but I get a NET framework error and the software hangs. What am I doing wrong?

Can someone post some detail how to setup the histogram with the same x,y,and plot value or pid to scan data like the view posted. If someone has the config file I would appreciate it or just provide some details...

Advanced Tuner
    so how many of you guys have a car that is supported by the 2 bar OS??

VE Histogram

Many people have contacted me about the VE error histogram I use with EQ<>VE. I am posting the setup here.
    This histogram works with E38 & E67 ECU's. I do not know if the SENS & PID used are supported in other GM ECU's.
    This histogram works even if you have VE disabled in your tune. The ECU always calculates GM VE.
    Your MAF transfer must be accurate for this histogram to be of value in tuning VE.
    I gross tune MAF transfer using LTFT in closed loop. Then fine tune MAF transfer in open loop using dual wide bands.
    I then use the VE error histogram to gross tune VE using EQ<>VE.
    For fine tuning VE I disable MAF transfer and use Dynamic Airflow/Speed Density only and wide band A/F error to adjust the VE tables with EQ<>VE.
    You need to do the last step on a load control dyno to do it right.
    Difficult to tune VE only at high rpm on the street.
    Good luck.

Potential Tuner
    OK I got everything setup like the picture above the only thing I can't find is the plot pid "maf_ve_err". Please give me some informtion under what tab it is located under the PID selection. I am wondering if that particular PID is supported for a 2007-Z06?
    Last edited by Street gear; 02-16-2010 at 02:11 PM.

You need to create a user defined parameter.
    Read the HPTuners help files for user defined parameters.
    The information you need to set it up is in the box in the lower right hand corner of the screen image.
    The configuration I posted is supported in 2006-2009 Z06/LS7 E38 ECU's.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
    You need to create a user defined parameter.
    Read the HPTuners help files for user defined parameters.
    The information you need to set it up is in the box in the lower right hand corner of the screen image.
    The configuration I posted is supported in 2006-2009 Z06/LS7 E38 ECU's.
    Thanks a million for posting the screen shot

Potential Tuner
    I tried the program it works like a champ. My hptuners software is open along with the tables required but when I first startup the program I get the following errors:

1. Cannot open VE table. File not found
    2. Cannot open Equation table. File not found.

I simply ignored those error's and went straight to "Copy Equations from HPTuner”. Once that was done I just go from there but still curious why the errors??

Quote Originally Posted by Street gear View Post
    I tried the program it works like a champ. My hptuners software is open along with the tables required but when I first startup the program I get the following errors:

I simply ignored those error's and went straight to "Copy Equations from HPTuner”. Once that was done I just go from there but still curious why the errors??
    Same here
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner

You need to turn off the check mark "Auto Load Previous Files". It is trying to load the previous files automatically and can't find the path anymore. Nothing to worry about, it is just alerting you that it couldn't auto load the files. Next time you save your equation and VE files it will update the last used files and won't have an error if you like the auto load.

Potential Tuner
    HP tuners should buy the code to this program and incorporate it into their product. I believe EFI Live has VE tuning for the late model ECU's such as the E38 for the Z06 so why not hptuners.

Thank goodness for this utility...

Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    You need to turn off the check mark "Auto Load Previous Files". It is trying to load the previous files automatically and can't find the path anymore. Nothing to worry about, it is just alerting you that it couldn't auto load the files. Next time you save your equation and VE files it will update the last used files and won't have an error if you like the auto load.
    perfect, thanks again.

I agree this is a great tool and so simple even I can use it. Now a caveman might be a different story

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Can someone tell me how to edit the breakpoints on the VE table. I noticed on the 2 bar VE table the RPM goes to 6800 how do I increase it to 7000?

Potential Tuner
    Pleas bear with me as I absorb this information. I am tuning at 2006 Z06, still naturally aspirated, but with headwork and a fairly aggressive cam. I have tuned it previously, but I was just mainly modifying the MAF curve since there was no VE table. I could not get rid of a nasty hesitation down in the low rpm range due to the new camshaft. Partial throttle driveability is definitely negatively affected.

Doing some research, it appears that the E38 ecu uses a Virtual VE table that is not exposed in the current calibration I am working with. A local EFI live tuner was trying to convince us that we're losing a ton of power due to "no VVE tuning" with HPTuners, and I am determined to prove him wrong and make this work.

After reading a few threads, I am gathering that this tool will allow me to effectively tune this VVE table by tuning these equations that this tool will generate. So, if I understand my options correctly, they are:

1) Disable the MAF, and then use this tool to tune the VE table instead of just hacking away at the MAF curve.

2) Upgrade to this new beta 2.5bar OS. Is this available for the 2006 Z06 ECU now?

Is the new 2.5bar OS effectively a replacement for this tool? I.E., does it expose the VVE table or eliminate it and replace it with a more standard "real" VE table? Or, does this tool still need to be used if the switch can be made to the new 2.5bar OS?

Am I understanding this correctly, or is this VVE table something that is still effectively not exposed with HPTuners?

the Equations are open to us with HPT, this program uses them to give us a VE table that we know and lets us make changes then it makes the adjustments to the equations for us. this is a nice option for us to use. just tune your MAF as normal then the VE with this program and you will be good to go.
    the 2.5 bar OS will eliminate the VVE and give you a VE table without the need for this program. i do not know if this OS is available to you.
    06 GTO M6: flowmaster 40 mufflers, x pipe, resonator removed, K&N cold air kit - sold
    08 G8 GT: flowmaster 50SUV mufflers, x pipe, resonators removed, ever changing tune, CAI sometime soon.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by informationjunkie View Post
    the Equations are open to us with HPT, this program uses them to give us a VE table that we know and lets us make changes then it makes the adjustments to the equations for us. this is a nice option for us to use. just tune your MAF as normal then the VE with this program and you will be good to go.
    the 2.5 bar OS will eliminate the VVE and give you a VE table without the need for this program. i do not know if this OS is available to you.
    So, you tune the MAF first? Then the VVE stuff? I though it was the other way around?

Advanced Tuner
    HP tuners should buy the code to this program and incorporate it into their product. I believe EFI Live has VE tuning for the late model ECU's such as the E38 for the Z06 so why not hptuners.

Thank goodness for this utility...
    what model car do you have?
    if you have used the EFI live VVE you will realise how inaccurate it is when compared to the HPT custom OS

Quote Originally Posted by servion View Post
    After reading a few threads, I am gathering that this tool will allow me to effectively tune this VVE table by tuning these equations that this tool will generate. So, if I understand my options correctly, they are:

1) Disable the MAF, and then use this tool to tune the VE table instead of just hacking away at the MAF curve.

2) Upgrade to this new beta 2.5bar OS. Is this available for the 2006 Z06 ECU now?
    Yes, that is your options. Both independant of each other. If you do the custom os, you don't need this program. You get a real ve table to work with, the simplest - easiest - fastest option. If you use the program, you don't need to purchase the custom os. You can do N/A thru 2.5bar FI, all with the stock os, main benefit is thats its free... but with the headache of learning somthing new and dealing with it's intricacies.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 03-02-2010 at 08:03 AM.