Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I was in Phoenix for 5 days once lol...no unfortunately I'm in MA...very very very far away.

I'll figure it out. I'll take some screen shots when I'm working on my own car (at a more relaxed pace) of everything I'm doing...hopefully some night this week...maybe we can troubleshoot from there?
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    Darin:
    It sounds like you don't have the dll (GenEqu.dll) installed in the same directory as the program. I use the same operating system as you with out issue.

Ken
    That was it! I copied a short cut to my desk top and it was looking the DLL and could not find it. This must be a stand alone program.

Thanks!
    2010 Camaro SS/RS, I rebuilt 6l80, PATC clutches, ported the heads, Manifold, TB. Billet PATC 3500S 4disk lockup, New Era CAI. Ferrea HS, dual springs, Ti-ret. ARH long tubes-Xpipe, 3.91 gears. 235°/246° .625 .625 113 +4 LSA. VVT ACTIVE to 8 degrees retard. 485rwhp 446ft/lbs

Darin Morgan
    -Induction R&D-EFI calibration
    Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
    Arlington,Texas
    Phone 817-467-7171
    http://www.darinmorgan.com
    http://www.rehermorrison.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin Morgan View Post
    That was it! I copied a short cut to my desk top and it was looking the DLL and could not find it. This must be a stand alone program.

Thanks!
    Glad it was that easy.

2010 Camaro on boost...

Had a 2010 LS3 Camaro with a KB 2.8 and it would not run on VE as soon as it passed 110kPa using a 1 bar map. It was as if the fueling map wasn't there. The injectors would flat-line at 4.0 msec and I would have immediately get out of the gas since the motor would nose over, kick, and sputter. If it stayed right on the edge of boost it did great. Even tried a 1-bar map used on a 8 psi G8 GT and it did the same thing. I ended up tuning VE close as possible out of boost and then just reset it to run on MAF. Anyone have any issue with VE working under boost on a new LS3 Camaro?

Advanced Tuner
    Unable to get this program to work correctly. I try to "copy equations from HPTuner" and I get an error of "could not find one of the equation windows open" According to your help file I have them open. Thanks

I had the same problem when I started using it, do you have all the tables open? you have to have the "Zone RPM Boundaries" and "Zone MAP Boundaries" open as well as the 6 constant tables.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Potential Tuner
    It works fine with me.

Thanks for the awesome program .

Senior Tuner
    I'm sorry I stopped replying...getting around to trying this again on my own car took me a LOT longer than I intended it to.

I got it working today...quite well. I'm running a much newer build of the beta than I was before, logging everything in "Ken's VE" format...works great.

Just thought I'd say...add some scroll bars. My personal laptop has a lower resolution screen 1366 x 768...if I try to use "Carneb's VE" format...or something similar to it, when I pick "Apply HP Scanner Data" it pulls it in great, but then that new window that appears for data verification...I can't pick the apply button on it...it's below the bottom of my screen and there's no scroll bar to get to it...I tried hitting CTRL+A and a few other keystrokes...but none of them worked...the button is there, but I can't get to it...so I changed to Ken's format, and I'm able to use everything fine...I can't see it all on the screen, but I can apply it. The resolution is equal either way though, so it's cool.

AWESOME program though, once you know how to use it. I can't believe how nicely my car is able to hit the right AFR with the equations dialed in...far superior to my old LS1 car where the resolution just wasn't there, and neither was the data rate from the OBD2 port...these Gen 4's are fantastic.

Senior Tuner
    I keep causing crashes when I try to modify the VE format text file. I'm trying to create my own format, but apparently I am messing it up. Is there anything special I need to know/do when I modify it?

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks a ton for this program! I have a question about a histogram other than the one everyone seems to use ( VE / AFR error) for tuning the E38 ECU's.. I have a 07 Z06 that has ported heads, qm600 cam, lsxr intake, longtubes , and cai. So I thought this would be a great car to try this software out on. The MAF transfer is done and my WOT AFR is spot on according to the dyno. What my question is, is it possible to use a histo using RPM vs MAP vs STFT error instead of the typical VE / AFR error histo? Reason being is I have two widebands on the dyno already. I've done a 20 min log using this method and according to the results the stft's are pulling 8-11 % fuel. I've put the info into the software and t seems to be doing what it needs to. Thanks guys!

Senior Tuner
    I'd try putting a wideband right in the header collector rather than using the one in the tailpipe on the dyno. I've found the one on the dyno to read 0.4 AFR different from my collector mounted wideband now and then.

The next thing I'd do, in your VCM Scanner...take a look at the AFR reading you see on a collector mounted wideband when the car is holding a steady speed in closed loop at a higher RPM (maybe cruising on the highway in 5th instead of 6th). Use that info to adjust the widebands readings in VCM Scanner...depending on ground plane differences, you may have a discrepancy between 14.7 on your wideband and stoich closed loop operation with the narrowbands...after you do that, go back into disabling closed loop, reset your fuel trims, and tune off the wideband. You might find the fuel trims come into spec better than you think at that point when you re-enable closed loop.

I also found I can't really use the STFT data on these newer PCM's...I prefer to drive the car long enough for LTFT's to learn and then log them.

Once I did it that way...I've got my LTFT's less than 2% across the board.

Tuner
    Anybody else have a problem with the scanner data being transposed before being applied?

Tuner
    I noticed that when the data gets transposed the data validation page shows rpm on both axes.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Just a quick tip for those having trouble with datalogging using this tool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIl3OHwHoCY
    Good stuff
    15 C7Z M7

Just wondering if there is a way we can make our own custom Axis scale? I've been using the LS2 style VE table but would like more resolution especially above 6800rpm. I know there is a few different style preconfigured tables but I'd just prefer to try my own scale on them for personal preference.

On another note I couldn't get the LS1 VE table to work correctly, I'm sure it's fine when adjusting the VE within the tool but I normally copy the VE table from the tool and paste into a seperate VCM Editor window tune file that way I can take advantage of nice 3d graphs and adjustments with smoothing, then copy and paste it back into the tool. Obviously the LS1 VE is in units of % and when you select the % feature in the EQ-VE tool it will copy and paste to HPT but when you copy from HPT and try to paste back to the tool it pastes some crazy values.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Just wondering if there is a way we can make our own custom Axis scale? I've been using the LS2 style VE table but would like more resolution especially above 6800rpm. I know there is a few different style preconfigured tables but I'd just prefer to try my own scale on them for personal preference.
    From two posts above yours:

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Just a quick tip for those having trouble with datalogging using this tool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIl3OHwHoCY
    Even though I copy/pasted from another source, you always have the option to just type in whatever breakpoints you want. Just type each one in with a comma between them.

I wasn't talking about the scanner, I meant the VE table in the EQ-VE tool. My axis arent ajustable on the version that I have. The axis numbers at the bottom of the VE window aren't editable on my version... Am I missing something?
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

From what I read the eq<>ve is for newer ecm`s 38-67. But I may be wrong.

It is for the newer ECM's I was just trying to use the LS1 "style" VE table for the tool.
    ShorTuning