Thread: removing missfire code

Potential Tuner

removing missfire code

how do i or can i remove the po300 missfire code all togather or atlest move up the number of miss fires before i get the code thanks

If you have misfires, then I would not just clear the code as that will do since the code will come back again. I would also not disable the code from showing up as what's the point, the misfires are still there you're just removing the warning. Also, moving up the number is silly because regardless of what you set the threshold to, you are still getting those misfires and that's not necesarily good for the engine. Why would you want to mask away the warnings when deep down there's a problem.

In the engine diagnostics, under DTCs there is a list of all codes, and you can choose to say 'no error reported' for those misfire codes, but like I said that's not the way to do it if the engine is actually having problems.

Senior Tuner
    What I would suggest is to scan all of the cyclinders for missfire. If there is one that stands out, test that coil and plug wire to make sure its still good.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    i didnt ask if i going to hurt my motor i know what a miss fire is and i know why its miss firing but i can stop it without changing the missfire limit i understand i take full risk of massing up my motor if i remove the code well guess what i dont know i just want the code gone so the dam light dont flash at me when towing or gettting on it..the iusse is in how well the senitav the sensor of in the truck ad and little nosie in the motor is reading and not making me to happy

Senior Tuner
    Yes, you can raise the threshold numbers (multiple tables,
    you can start with doubling all the ones that are not
    32000 or higher). I had to do this after the cam. You
    can jack all the tables up to suppress the code too,
    but that leaves you with no ability to detect real ones
    and sometimes you'd like to know which plug wire fell
    off without having to dig around.