Thread: HPTuners - Australia based mostly support American based engines?

HPTuners - Australia based mostly support American based engines?

The consenses of HP Tuners is to support the greater market of V8's.....

My thoughts on this are this, and I'm just putting this out there but......

Correct me if I am wrong, generally speaking HP Tuners is Australian based, but you guys mostly only work on supporting American based Chevy engines....

What happened to being "aussie".

To keep this relavent........ For example, alloytechs which fair enough have enough tuning to do do things........ HP Tuners doesn't exactly go out on a limb to increase the possibilies with this engine.

Theres no special features, the VCM Scanner........ all the VCM Tools like Case Relean......... etc none of them work. The only thing that works is something for the transmission which doesn't really do anything useful.

So much stuff is missing in Alloytechs............ no fan control, no acceleration enrichment adjusting, no auto tune functions......... lots and lots of features available to V8's dont even have a chance at working their way into the v6 setup in terms of ECU programming.

I know like any business you work on demand, all I'm saying it's ashame.

we are an American company, one of the owners (me) lives in Australia. Over 90% of our business is in the US.

The other thing is the alloytec (as a fraction of the already small V6 performance market) is a small market *and* a not very friendly PCM to work on. It's complex and not very flexible in it's operation, some of what you expect to be there just isn't.

I'm not making excuses, that's just the way it is.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Yeah have to agree with Chris, pcm is that of Bosch engineering, we all should know with german engineering they have their own way, a very complicated way, ive also had this explained by Greg. It too is a way of cornering a market for Bosch in engine diagnostics, we should be grateful to have support for the alloytecs to start with.
    As for tuning you can have all the tables in the world, but at the end of the day your simply altering air fuel and spark values.
    As far as development, if you had serious money to really spend on a car, youd shoot for an 8 wouldnt ya? i know i would!
    Beached as bro!

I can understand Chris.... I just think there's more potential to be had with the alloytech engines. Suppose it's a waiting and hoping game.

Super 6's will eventually be what it all comes down to...... as the fuel problems around the world continue to worsen. I do realise you work on things according to demand.

Perhaps now the newer SiDi engines are out perhaps there may be more alloytech work in the future.

Hmmmm dont wanna start arguements but i think you miss good part of the point here, if ya got serious coin you going to go for a serious machine. Majority of people buy v6's cause theyre affordable and get from A-B maybe with the caravan and family on board. People who want serious grunt and serious driving fun, will always steer twards a v8 or larger every time.. when ya drive an 8 youll know exactly why

Now with direct injection, thats a whole story of its own.
    The technology has been out for donkeys ears in diesel. It only comes now in the alloytecs as tighter emissions regulations that to be enforced in the next few years, forget the price of fuel that would be an afterthought, to holden its the price of manufacture and emissions standards that have dictated its release, then with the regards to tuning..... who knows, customer demand will be the decider.
    Beached as bro!