Thread: Throttle Repsonse Hesitation in Park

Throttle Repsonse Hesitation in Park

Can anyone tell me how to fix this and what tables I should be looking at? When the car is in park and I blip the throttle, there is a small hesitation? Its slow to respond. It does not do it in gear, only park. Here is my tune.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Senior Tuner
    I'm fairly sure it's the fact that you have aftermarket injectors and you do not have them calibrated in properly. I tested this out last year on two different vehicles with aftermarket injectors. Both actually had the same problem as you, but in both park and drive. Not having them calibrated in correctly will lead to all sorts of transient issues, especially at lower loads.

Some of it could also be a VE table issue. Just to rule out the VE table, disable it by setting your "High RPM Disable" to "0" under Dynamic Airflow, and run in pure MAF mode temporarily. Dial in your MAF transfer perfectly in the Hz areas where you're having this hesitation problem, and see if it improves, goes away, or doesn't change. If it doesn't, then I'd say it's an injector calibration issue.

BTW, what injectors do you actually have (brand and part #)?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    Anytime you have an issue you need to post a log of the issue, copy of tune, AND list of mods please.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    I have been having the same problem too. I thought it was timing, well I still do, but I am slowly learning how to properly dial in my injectors. I am running the new 80lb from Racetronix. I have the data sheets from them now, but just applying them is what I am having a hard time figuring out. I am debating about the DVD, because I bought one of his books awhile back and it gave a lot of good info...but not what I was looking for, lol. I was just hoping instead of people trying to steal from the guy there would be some type of explanation of what the data is from the Injector Data Sheet and how it correlates to the tables in a tuner, ie. HPT, or even EFIlive.

Worked on the tune a little yesterday. I figured out it was not the tune at all causing the hesitation. The throttle body adjustment screw was backed off to much causing the blade to close to much. I adjusted it 1/4 of a turn and now the hesitation is gone. Thanks to all who repied.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado