Thread: AFR error % was good tuning OL but off some when back in CL

AFR error % was good tuning OL but STFT's off some when back in CL

So I finished tuning in OL and got the AFR error % to what I thought was close after 5-6 back and forth logging and changes and applied to VE table but when put back in CL my STFT's are off about 6-10 (all positive) in most cells. Is this normal to do this when going back to CL and it doesnt look as accurate when it was in OL?

Can I just make some adjustments to the VE table while in CL to adjust slightly and log it and see what changes or do I need to go back into OL with failed MAF and do another AFR error % and apply it to the VE table that way and log then re-enable MAF and back to CL and check STFT's? Or do I just leave em alone?
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 07-21-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: changed title

Advanced Tuner
    Your O2 sensors may not be calibrated to the same stoich ratio as your wideband. There is not much you can do about this - hence why I hate CL.

You need to log the wideband at the same time as your O2 sensors running in CL to find out how far out they are.

You are effectively using 2 different sensors to calibrate the same AFR.

How are you powering up the wideband? If you are using the cigarette lighter, you will be off by as much as 0.7AFR. I have proven this just by comparing the digital readout from a cigarette lighter to a floating battery

Quote Originally Posted by MNR-0 View Post
    Your O2 sensors may not be calibrated to the same stoich ratio as your wideband. There is not much you can do about this - hence why I hate CL.

You need to log the wideband at the same time as your O2 sensors running in CL to find out how far out they are.

You are effectively using 2 different sensors to calibrate the same AFR.

How are you powering up the wideband? If you are using the cigarette lighter, you will be off by as much as 0.7AFR. I have proven this just by comparing the digital readout from a cigarette lighter to a floating battery
    My wideband is hard wired into power all by itself and the ground is all by itself as well. I checked WB to make sure it was reading right and adjusted my pid voltage offset in CL to correct it when it was slightly off.
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 07-21-2009 at 04:53 AM.

update this morning...I took some more time dialing in my MAF better, redid the OLFA table and put lower values in the PE enable tps threshold vs rpm table. STFT's are all within 1-2 now.Man what a difference a day makes! PE came in right as I went into boost and right to my commanded. Life is good...

Good news 07
    1998 Corvette-MN6 stock block&heads ,Blackwing , BBK intake BBK short tube headers,AEM WB, sport cats & exhaust, HPtuners.