Thread: do i need wideband 02?

Tuner in Training douglasmelter's Avatar

do i need wideband 02?

so...do i need a wideband o2 sensor? tuning a 2000gtp and dont know if its needed or not as i keep hearing about them. also, how would i even install one? does it hook up somehow to the pcm or does it splice in with the shortband?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasmelter View Post
    so...do i need a wideband o2 sensor? tuning a 2000gtp and dont know if its needed or not as i keep hearing about them. also, how would i even install one? does it hook up somehow to the pcm or does it splice in with the shortband?
    your car comes with narrowband 02 sensors. they are extremely accurate around 14.7 to 1 which is what your air fuel ratio will be 9 approx) at cruise.

when you are WOT with forced induction you will want to be around 11.5 AFR with normally aspirated closer to 13 to 1 - widebands are accurate in this area , narrowbands are not

if you are modding your car and want to avoid repairs from running too lean you will need a wideband

how to hook it up will depend on if you purchased the standard or pro interface
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training douglasmelter's Avatar
    k u r obviously more knowledgeable in this area than i (lol still trying to figure out how to turn my laptop on lol) which do u recommend and where do i get it?

Advanced Tuner
    afx with ntk sensor is the one recommended a lot recently on here

here is the link where I bought mine:

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/582
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    The LM-1 is the industry's first and best complete wideband tuning system. A single self-contained unit combines a wideband air/fuel ratio sensor controller, a 6-channel data logger, and an easy-to-read backlit LCD display. This is the unit used by tuners, racers, and engine builders the world over
    voiture simulation de credit immobilier en ligne - Simulation credit immobilier en ligne. L’Internet a rendu encore plus facile d’obtenir de l’aide pour trouver le credit immobilier.

Senior Tuner
    AFX for the $'s.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Ngk Afx FTW
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game