Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris. 3.6'ers (Alloytec) are in dire need of full feature tuning please help.

Tuner

Chris. 3.6'ers (Alloytec) are in dire need of full feature tuning please help.

The 3.6'ers have stalled because we can't tune much of anything, we're having issues with boost, and agressive head and cam work. When can we see some help for the anemic 3.6. Pleeaase.

I'm guessing the ECU is pulling back during tuning when running boost or something therebouts, the more torque that is being made the more the vehicle fights back. You Aussies are on the forefront of tuning this motor but they are being left in the cold. Help!

second that! Would really like to have a "Commanded Torque" PID or at least the table relating accelerator pedal to commanded torque.

Tuner
    If anyone else plans on tuning this engine platform please speak up so that Chris knows where to allocate resources, if only two people chimed in, surely I wouldn't waste much of my or another engineer's time on massaging more code in this ME9 variant.

I've got a cylinder head and some regrinds waiting to go into my daily driver, on my vehicle and I need to know that I can tune the vehicle properly so I don't have any down time.

Tuner in Training
    heh good lucky we are still waiting them to support the newer commodores at all. they've got other projects that they see more of a market for.

I have already commented on the lack of tuning stuff for the alloytech already. Someone at HP Tuners said that they have no plans on even touching the alloytech stuff again for another 12-18 months! .........

So this thread will go nowhere..... Which is ashame.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New beta up for those that contacted support for the added boost control tables.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Going slightly off topic here.

Alloytechs........ In the scanner does anyone have AFR, Knock Retard, O2 Voltage or Injector Pulse (working)???

Do I need a Wideband for AFR? there's no way to just find it out with the cars sensors when it's running?
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 07-24-2009 at 03:14 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not sure about 3.6's but it looks like the saab 2.8 turbos have individual cylinder KR pids, if your application has a wideband installed in stock form you likely have a WB lambda B1 pid for the wideband.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    New beta up for those that contacted support for the added boost control tables.
    I'm confused. Boost control tables for the 3.6?

I just need to be able to tune the ECU to allow me to run boost, or something else that won't cause the vehicle to freak out under heavy torque loads... What is needed for this, I haven't been able to research much of the ME9

the NA vehicles do not have any of the boost code that the turbocharged vehicles have, making them run with boost is pretty much an unknown although i have seen some people doing well on the holden using the MAF.
    I count sheep in hex...

Still alot of pids to poke a stick at, tho not as much as the v8's but with these engines one things for sure, keep it simple.
    just work with the air, fuel and ignition timing.
    pids i work with on the scanner are your fuel trims for you fueling, ign timing and averaged kr. as well as airload when toying with the cam timing.
    unless your running full vvt, the basic "175s" dont offer too much power increase untill you leap into the boosted arena.
    one thing to keep an eye out on is holdens direct fuel injected blocks comming into play soon.
    Beached as bro!

Tuner
    Chris, I hate to be a pest, but there are SO many vehicles running the 3.6, and I know each vehicle will have different versions of computers etc, however getting to the basis of cracking one would be a great start.

I have this new Aura XR 08 with 9K miles on it looking for some mild boost.

Everyone in Australia says it cannot be tuned with turbos. My guess is that the ramp up of the turbo boost isn't consistant based on load so they can't tune for it. This doesn't make sense to me, but the CSC style boosters say that running a CSC supercharger is the ONLY way to get the car to drive on the street with boost. But I don't want to settle for 280WHP I think that is retarded.

I may have to start with heads and cams first because I suspect I'd be able to tune for that partially.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-31-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Emissions or DTC questions are not allowed

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Chris, I hate to be a pest, but there are SO many vehicles running the 3.6, and I know each vehicle will have different versions of computers etc, however getting to the basis of cracking one would be a great start.

I have this new Aura XR 08 with 9K miles on it looking for some mild boost.

Everyone in Australia says it cannot be tuned with turbos. My guess is that the ramp up of the turbo boost isn't consistant based on load so they can't tune for it. This doesn't make sense to me, but the CSC style boosters say that running a CSC supercharger is the ONLY way to get the car to drive on the street with boost. But I don't want to settle for 280WHP I think that is retarded.

I may have to start with heads and cams first because I suspect I'd be able to tune for that partially.
    Have you read your Aura XR's pcm? I'd be supprised if its not an E67, not alloytec.

Tuner
    Bill, I never thought of that. I haven't read it yet because I'm apprechensive about purchasing the HPT due to not having any parameters to tune with really...

But are you saying that our US version may have more tools at our disposal, it NOT being an alloytec in reality?
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-02-2009 at 11:38 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    AFAIK it would have an E67 pcm similar to a late model ZR1, 07+ trailblazer SS, etc. not an alloytech bosch pcm, I could be wrong but I'm pretty darn sure.

Emissions bypass discussions are NOT tolerated on our forum as we do not condone this type of modifcation of your vehicles emission control systems.

-Bill

Tuner
    Ahh, apologies.
    So is that good news about the PCM for me, or bad news as far as tuneability goes?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Depends how you look at it I suppose, the pcm is far more complex to tune than the bosch but you'd also have 600+ parameters to toy with so parameter wise there are more.

Tuner
    What do you suppose the odds are that I can tune 8 psi from a large single turbo on it? I'm only looking for about 330-340whp. What do you think?

Edit, so I could daily it?
    Last edited by Beau; 08-02-2009 at 08:31 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There are very few applications that can't be tuned very well with the stock pcm.