Thread: MPVI upgrade - shipping sucks.........

Advanced Tuner

MPVI upgrade - shipping sucks.........

Gents,

I am deeply frustrated, I had to send interface back for repair and upgrade and apparently it was upgraded May 22nd and shipped. Until today I have asked Jay from help line quite many times about whereabouts and was always told that shipping manager will advise and he has tracking info.

I did request shipping it back using UPS Express with my own account number but to date I have not received any information.

I have a business to run guys, please can someone let me know wherabouts of interface which is badly needed to tune several cars in the shop. It is nice weather and people wnat to drive their cars!

interface serial# 1037920224

Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ccrp View Post
    Gents,

I am deeply frustrated, I had to send interface back for repair and upgrade and apparently it was upgraded May 22nd and shipped. Until today I have asked Jay from help line quite many times about whereabouts and was always told that shipping manager will advise and he has tracking info.

I did request shipping it back using UPS Express with my own account number but to date I have not received any information.

I have a business to run guys, please can someone let me know wherabouts of interface which is badly needed to tune several cars in the shop. It is nice weather and people wnat to drive their cars!

interface serial# 1037920224
    As mentioned in my prior email to you I will get you a tracking number as soon as I have it. We do ship UPS, not USPS, so that won't be an issue. I also want to reiterate that I am not in the facility where upgrades are handled, so I can't walk over there and check on status. Expect to see an email shortly.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Senior Tuner
    May 22 was a Friday. By ccrp's postings, I assumed it should have been shipped either that day or the following Monday (the 25th). It's been 6 or 7 business days now. Express is within 1 or 2.

Jay, not to sound like a jerk, but you don't seem very sympathetic to his cause in the manner of your postings. He did request Express back via his own account. Why not publicly apologize for the shortcomings? It seems that initial shipping of the product and future repairs or upgrades has never been a major concern to HPT. Again, not being a jerk, but work needs to be done in this department.

Customer service is vital in business, and is one of the reasons why I've never signed on to sell your product to my customers.
    Last edited by RWTD; 06-02-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

The current delay isn't Jays fault, its mine. I wasn't feeling very good at all last week, however this week is much better.

I'm processing all pending upgrades and they will be shipping out today.

Sorry for the delay.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Gents, to clear things up, this is not Jays fault at all. He was the one responding to intial Techsupport call and got in that correspondence loop that way. He tried to get my tracking infos from shipping but there were none despite having asked quite many times by email. What frustrated here is strict deadlines with customer race cars and being told about 5 times you will get an email with tracking info which never came.

Apparently unit gets upgraded just today and shipped out Express hopefully. Hurts me as I had to borrow another interface and purchase quite some additional licenses for cars where I already had licenses for i.o. to not loose customers - but shit happens and will/has been sorted out

Had I known that upfront I would not have send unit back by international express courier (120 USD one way) to make sure it will be onhand May 20th when the batch was supposed to be upgraded and shipped by the 22nd.
    Last edited by ccrp; 06-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.

If I could get a tracking number for my upgrade that would be great as well, it seem like I've been waiting forever but I know that is not true. I'm just hoping my shipment arrives before friday so I don't miss another track rental.
    Last edited by checkmate; 06-03-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress

Advanced Tuner
    Checkmate, did you get any shipping/tracking info?

no but it finally came the other day
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress

Advanced Tuner
    then where the heck is my MPVI interface?

no tracking, no nformation, no reply to email and having a guy come down 600mls onThursday and no way to tune him up after supercharger installation.

Patience runs out very soon

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    CCRP, your's is a very unique situation in that your interface was non functional when received and we didn't get your license information from you until Tuesday of last week.

I will check on the status of your upgrade in the meantime.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Bill, actually not correct. William did have the license info already from first contacts back early May, I just re-forwarded very same email under same case# last week when Will asked me for it. Please check original email thread which started when unit failed and you will see that information was always onhand. If not I can forward to you of course.

However, I did get an email just now that it might ship Friday which is too late for me. I absolutely HAVE to tune a customer car coming down from Germany next Monday after his supercharger installation. He needs to leave next Tuesday, but when you ship Friday I will not get unit before Tuesday earliest!

I will (reluctantly) pay a premium to have unit here by end of the week, absolutely latest by Monday next week. I can not postpone that installation nor that tune anymore it has been scheduled since April!

since I am living of those supercharger installation and tune-ups you surely will understand the sticky if not to say shitty situation I am currently in.
    Last edited by ccrp; 06-08-2009 at 03:06 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrp View Post
    Bill, actually not correct. William did have the license info already from first contacts back early May, I just re-forwarded very same email under same case# last week when Will asked me for it. Please check original email thread which started when unit failed and you will see that information was always onhand. If not I can forward to you of course.

However, I did get an email just now that it might ship Friday which is too late for me. I absolutely HAVE to tune a customer car coming down from Germany next Monday after his supercharger installation. He needs to leave next Tuesday, but when you ship Friday I will not get unit before Tuesday earliest!

I will (reluctantly) pay a premium to have unit here by end of the week, absolutely latest by Monday next week. I can not postpone that installation nor that tune anymore it has been scheduled since April!

since I am living of those supercharger installation and tune-ups you surely will understand the sticky if not to say shitty situation I am currently in.
    The infolog had been sent in while I was handling you to have your old interface repaired, you decided to just upgrade rather than having your old one repaired, this is all handled by our automated system & our sales dept, which leaves me completely out of the loop.

Once we received your interface & started to work on it they realized the interface was non functional so I contacted you the day I was made aware of this to get the infolog without remembering your email from a couple of months ago off the top of my head but thats neither here nor there as we still needed the infolog and had only been requested that same day you sent it meaning this was not a delay in any way.

In the end its just a unique situation that likely could'nt have been handled differently other than Keith not getting sick, but unfortunately we are human.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"