Thread: 2004 Monte SS glitch?

2004 Monte SS glitch?

used hp tuners on my buddies 2004 supercharged monte carlo ss. all i did was clear the rear o2 codes. it read the vcm just fine. but when i did "write calibration only" the car didnt like that. it kept changing from fast write to slow write and the car beeped alot and seemed pissed. it worked but it took like half an hour. my mustang never does that and takes the same time it does the read the vcm. it then popped up a bunch of U and P codes for lost communication and a bunch of other weird crap. anyone ever hear of this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Likely either a battery issue or inline module fighting with our software over the same bus.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    If the car has OnStar, this is what's giving you fits! Simple fix: Unplug the harness from the rearview mirror. Been there, done that with the Montes.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    Does he have any PAC modules and a aftermarket radio? I have to pull the fuse for my radio to successfully flash my car.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

I have an 04 Impala SS with On-Star, no add-on devices connected to the bus, stock radio and haven't had any issues what-so-ever, other than a handful of communication codes. Those codes showed up the first time I used the HPT, but they don't seem to have negatively affected anything.

Hope it's something quick and easy for you to figure out.
    2010 Camaro SS LS3
    SOLO highflow cats|VMax ported TB|Vararam

wow thanks for all the info, didnt expect it so quick. i will try the onstar thing next time. thanks again!

Senior Tuner
    Yeup, just unplug the harness from the back of the rearview mirrow and it'll flash perfectly.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)