Thread: Stalls with A/C on...

Tuner in Training

Stalls with A/C on...

I recently 're-tuned' part-throttle after swapping in a new set of O2 sensors since everything became skewed (2003 Z06, 224/230 cam.) I've dialed in my RAF, VE, and MAF, etc. Everything seems to runs smooth, but I get a SLIGHT dip with the clutch in, fully stopped with the A/C off.

If my A/C is on, it slowly dips down to 500 RPM, tries to recover, but then eventually stalls (maybe 80% of the time.) This ONLY happens with the clutch in at 0 MPH (maybe 1 or 2 MPH, but definately at 0.) There really aren't any issues when rolling with the clutch in.

Any initial thoughts?

Advanced Tuner
    Under Torque Mangement (AC Bump Torque-Max Spark Retard),change all values 0.0

Senior Tuner
    Did this fix your issue?
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

check ur idle spark and also wat have u set your idle with AC on? I'm at work can't see the file...

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by C5 2000 View Post
    Under Torque Mangement (AC Bump Torque-Max Spark Retard),change all values 0.0

I did that as my only change and it seemed to have eliminated all A/C stall issues. In normal driving, the idle quality is now identical with the a/c off or on. The idle slightly dips momentarily when the compressor kicks on, but that's normal IMO.

The only issue I have is a slight idle hunt a/c off or on when I am slowing down to a stop if the car isn't totally warmed up. It seems like alot of these cammed idle issues are mostly spark related. I greatly reduced the idle hunt by going from 22 to 27 degrees at idle.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ryan L; 05-10-2009 at 01:11 PM.