Thread: Help need correct way to cycle ignition on 06 C6 Vette when flashing

Tuner

Help need correct way to cycle ignition on 06 C6 Vette when flashing

I'm having trouble with the flash process on an 06 Vette, I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the ignition not being turned on correctly. The first time I try to flash I get the following error:

I'm then able to re-flash it, but it does a recovery. So my question is, how do I turn on the ignition properly (ie this car does not have an key type ignition switch, only the push button.) I believe the green circle has to light up, which it does after the first failed flash attempt. I know this may be very obvious, but if I'm missing something, if someone could point it out, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Chris

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Vehicle has likely been tuned previously via ls1edit or other, I've seen this a couple of times before, you will likely need to have the pcm flashed back to stock and then reread with our software as its something that the other software does thats creating the issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Push the bottom of the start button (foot off the brake just to make sure it doesn't crank) for about 5 or 8 seconds. It will come on in accessory them in ON/No start mode. You can tell the difference because all the gauges will come to life in ON mode. This will be the proper mode to write to the PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    I'm having trouble with the flash process on an 06 Vette, I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the ignition not being turned on correctly. The first time I try to flash I get the following error:

I'm then able to re-flash it, but it does a recovery. So my question is, how do I turn on the ignition properly (ie this car does not have an key type ignition switch, only the push button.) I believe the green circle has to light up, which it does after the first failed flash attempt. I know this may be very obvious, but if I'm missing something, if someone could point it out, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Chris