Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 G8 GT tuning help

Tuner in Training

2009 G8 GT tuning help

i finially got my tuner to work and found out it was the mpvi connection that was bad but now when i try to tune anything to the car i dont know what i am looking for and dont understand everything i am looking at. i have SLP headers and magnaflow exhaust. its burning rich in fuel and my car feels sluggish at times when i accelerate way too fast. i was wondering if someone can pretty much help me out down to the Barney level unless someone can give me a tune with SLP headers and magnaflow exhaust.

thnx, mike

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousx6x View Post
    i finially got my tuner to work and found out it was the mpvi connection that was bad but now when i try to tune anything to the car i dont know what i am looking for and dont understand everything i am looking at. i have SLP headers and magnaflow exhaust. its burning rich in fuel and my car feels sluggish at times when i accelerate way too fast. i was wondering if someone can pretty much help me out down to the Barney level unless someone can give me a tune with SLP headers and magnaflow exhaust.

thnx, mike
    hi mike,
    u got a copy of ur tune so we can have a look at.
    Ive got a Holden commodore which the G8 is based on.
    thanx
    tony

Tuner in Training
    this what i have but u can look at it all and let me know what ya think. if you need anything to help me out let me know and ill have it up asap.

thnx, mike

this what i have but u can look at it all and let me know what ya think. if you need anything to help me out let me know and ill have it up asap.

thnx, mike
    hi mike,
    first thing u can do is disable the COT under ENGINE>FUEL CONTROL>COT,LEAN CRUISE.

Under ENGINE>FUEL CONTROL>POWER ENRICH zero out Delay RPM and Enable RPM. In the hot table take 10% off from 0 RPM - 4000 RPM. Change ur EQ Ratio vs RPM to 1.151 across the board to start of with. Change ur enrichment rate to 2.
    GIve that a go first.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VE SSV 73 View Post
    hi mike,
    first thing u can do is disable the COT under ENGINE>FUEL CONTROL>COT,LEAN CRUISE.

Under ENGINE>FUEL CONTROL>POWER ENRICH zero out Delay RPM and Enable RPM. In the hot table take 10% off from 0 RPM - 4000 RPM. Change ur EQ Ratio vs RPM to 1.151 across the board to start of with. Change ur enrichment rate to 2.
    GIve that a go first.
    i did everything but i cant find the delay RPM and enable RPM and the enrichment rate

go to ENGINE>FUEL CONTROL>POWER ENRICH and on the left hand side u got POWER ENRICHMENT PE ENABLE and if u look down u will find DELAY RPM and ENABLE RPM set them both to 0 RPM. And if u look down again u will find POWER ENRICHMENT and under that u will find Enrichment Rate, set it to 2.

Then go to ENGINE>TORQUE MANAGEMENT>GENERAL and on ur left hand side u what to set:
    Maximum Torque to 8192.
    Max Torque 1st gear to 6th gear and Reverse to 8192.
    Trans Input Max to 8192.
    Trans Output Max to 8192.
    And set ur BRAKE TORQUE MANAGEMNT to 8192 and all this will disable ur Torque Management.

tony

Tuner in Training
    What is nm? My brake torque limit comes up with torque limit vs vacuum vs tps. Do I still change the whole table to 8192?

What is nm? My brake torque limit comes up with torque limit vs vacuum vs tps. Do I still change the whole table to 8192?
    Yes u do change the whole table to 8192.
    NM= Newton Meters.

tony

Tuner in Training
    Ok cool. I'm gonna load it in and test it out and have it uploaded to here with results asap

Tuner in Training
    around 4000 rpms it just starts suckin still. i get an engine misfire in my DTC's. any idea what it may be considering it needs to be tuned?

hi mate,
    just had a look at ur scan and i see a lot of Knock Retard up to 13* in the 4000 RPM. U hve 2 take the Knocks out of it.
    tony

Tuner in Training
    hi mate,
    just had a look at ur scan and i see a lot of Knock Retard up to 13* in the 4000 RPM. U hve 2 take the Knocks out of it.
    tony
    where and what do i change it to?

1.Open HPT VCM Scanner and open the log file.
    2.On the histogram choose the "+" to show MAX. values
    3.Click on the MAIN SPARK>KNOCK RETARD>TIMING RETARD and right click, choose load all data.
    4.On the top left hand corner above the 0.08 and before 0.0 left click the square so the whole table is blue then right click and choose copy.
    5.Open ur HPT VCM Editor, file, open - choose ur latest file.
    6.Go to ENGINE>SPARK CONTROL>SPARK ADVANCE>HIGH OCTANE then left click on the square above 0.08 and before 0.0 so the whole table is blue then right click, choose Paste Special>Subtract.
    7.Once u have done that copy the whole HIGH OCTANE table and paste it in the LOW OCTANE table and keep doin all this til u have eliminated all KNOCK RETARD then u can open ur LOW OCTANE table and lower it slightly by multiplying by 0.85 across the whole table.

tony

Also try setting ur POWER ENRICH>EQ RATIO vs RPM to 1.167 across the whole board while will give u a 12.6 at WOT and then try 1.176 across the whole board while will give u a 12.5 at WOT and see which one makes the car fill and go better.

Tuner in Training
    1.Open HPT VCM Scanner and open the log file.
    2.On the histogram choose the "+" to show MAX. values
    3.Click on the MAIN SPARK>KNOCK RETARD>TIMING RETARD and right click, choose load all data.
    4.On the top left hand corner above the 0.08 and before 0.0 left click the square so the whole table is blue then right click and choose copy.
    5.Open ur HPT VCM Editor, file, open - choose ur latest file.
    6.Go to ENGINE>SPARK CONTROL>SPARK ADVANCE>HIGH OCTANE then left click on the square above 0.08 and before 0.0 so the whole table is blue then right click, choose Paste Special>Subtract.
    7.Once u have done that copy the whole HIGH OCTANE table and paste it in the LOW OCTANE table and keep doin all this til u have eliminated all KNOCK RETARD then u can open ur LOW OCTANE table and lower it slightly by multiplying by 0.85 across the whole table.

tony
    for #7, do i copy the new high octane i just pasted or the old one before i to the low octane?

copy the new HIGH OCTANE table over to the LOW OCTANE and then lower the LOW OCTNE table slightly by multiplying by 0.85 across the whole table.

I believe this will also disable AFM.

around 4000 rpms it just starts suckin still. i get an engine misfire in my DTC's. any idea what it may be considering it needs to be tuned?
    Attached Files
    File Type: hpl 23apr09.hpl (523.3 KB, 1 views)
    Why is bank 1 so LEAN? 10* KR is very high.

Something is wrong.

You shouldn't be seeing that much KR, and your O2 B1S1 and B2S1 should be relatively close and in the 880-920 range when in PE, on that scan, B1S1 isn't even 100!!

You need to figure out why B1S1 is very lean in PE. You may have an exhaust leak on the headers. Your O2 Sensor readings at times in cruise don't look right.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Good call, that's probably why my AFM isn't working. I was trying to figure out what I would have screwed with that would turn it off. I was thinking maybe it was just cranky.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post

Why is bank 1 so LEAN? 10* KR is very high.

Something is wrong.

You shouldn't be seeing that much KR, and your O2 B1S1 and B2S1 should be relatively close and in the 880-920 range when in PE, on that scan, B1S1 isn't even 100!!

You need to figure out why B1S1 is very lean in PE. You may have an exhaust leak on the headers. Your O2 Sensor readings at times in cruise don't look right.

i dont know where u see the 02 b1s1 and b2s1. is this bank 1 and bank 2? and what is AFM? im horrible with acronyms...

Tuner in Training
    AFM= Active Fuel Management or DOD= Displacement On Demand