Thread: rpm/desired air

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar

rpm/desired air

i was wondering since i am runing a higher rev limit in my cobalt, what does the computer use for values past 6320 rpm since i have tried to increase the scales in the tuner and it did not work? does it use the last know desired air table setting or we just dont see the whole entire scale?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the general concensus is that the last available cell is used. You should be able to rescale the axis in this case. I'm not sure why that would not work.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Tuner
    I was pondering this same question! I'm seeing a gentleman with a cobalt SS with similar mods making about 20more WHP than I am and hes able to keep 240KPA to the top at 6800 andn I'm stuck in the 220's LOL I may try rescaling mine to see if that helps.
    Chris White
    www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 GTO Spice Red A4
    2012 Jeep SRT8
    2013 SRX Custom IPC/BCM/CUE
    2013 XTS4 Custom IPC/BCM/CUE Auto High Beams
    2013 Volt Custom IPC/BCM/Radio

One more question:

If the table finishes that way (Wide open throttle):

RPM

6000 2.5
    6300 3

What is the value supposed to be on 6600? 3? 3.5?

I am asking that because my tuner set the tables for the 6300rpm cut off but I raised it until 6700.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kuprito View Post
    One more question:

If the table finishes that way (Wide open throttle):

RPM

6000 2.5
    6300 3

What is the value supposed to be on 6600? 3? 3.5?

I am asking that because my tuner set the tables for the 6300rpm cut off but I raised it until 6700.

This has yet to be proven beyond doubt, but it's been said that it repeats the value in the last available cell - in your example it would repeat "3".

Maybe someone could experiment with a parameter that is easily measured with the scanner - run beyond the RPM in the parameter's table and see if it repeats the value or extrapolates based on the last couple values.

Maybe you could artificially create a situation where this occurs? Modifiy an axis to end at a rediculously low RPM, put in safe values (I'm thinking the desired air load table), and run it to see what it produces.

Just thinking out loud...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    This has yet to be proven beyond doubt, but it's been said that it repeats the value in the last available cell - in your example it would repeat "3".

Maybe someone could experiment with a parameter that is easily measured with the scanner - run beyond the RPM in the parameter's table and see if it repeats the value or extrapolates based on the last couple values.

Maybe you could artificially create a situation where this occurs? Modifiy an axis to end at a rediculously low RPM, put in safe values (I'm thinking the desired air load table), and run it to see what it produces.

YAY a VOLUNTEER!!!! nice job OLDSKOOL! haha if i only had some time between porting and driving around

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    It seemed to me that it interpolates beyond the last few by using their slope.
    Me love boost long time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post

If it repeats the last value available, it's a good thing to rescale all tables until your new cutoff then.

If I have:

6000 2.5
    6300 3
    -----------
    6600 "3"

3 is supposed to be right at 6300 but is not enough for 6600! It should be more!

The right 2 last values written on the table should be:

6000 2.5
    6600 3.5

(Change 6300 axis for 6600 to make a better mapping)

The ecm would understand that the value in the middle (6300) should be something near 3.

Am I right?

3 and 2 and 3 im lost.... ur desired air is 3 at 6300 ????

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    3 and 2 and 3 im lost.... ur desired air is 3 at 6300 ????
    Just an example to make it easy.

oh ok i was like what do you have bolted on haha