Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Beginner's Guide coming from Calibrated Success, Inc.

New Beginner's Guide coming from Calibrated Success, Inc.

Now that my second book is done, I'm going to start putting together a basic guide for tuning the LSx engines using HPTuners. The final format will likely be some form of copy protected DVD that includes a mix of clear step by step instructions, screen shots, and maybe some videos.

The cost will be significantly less than the current "introductory course" options available today, and the content will be the same great Calibrated Success instruction so many have already raved about here. To make it even better, I'm also going to include some much needed injector values for some of the most popular options used today. No more guessing and blind groping in the dark, guys...

EDIT: I have a low res demo done now. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE. The full boogie DVD was shot and editted in HD and ripped at DVD quality. I'm working out the details of distribution, but there shouldn't be any trouble getting ahold of a copy quickly in a week or so.

I should have this done some time this summer. This DVD material will eventually become the prerequisite for my Advanced GM Tuning class so that I can free up time in that class to get even more in depth on things like "virtual VE" equations, proper ETC tuning, scaling to stay under the 512g/s MAF and injector limits and other more involved topics.

Tuner
    This sounds like a winner....

Senior Tuner
    Before the tuning school has theirs out? $ ready!
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    sounds like a great format to put together an instructional

where it will be a beginners guide would there be some good crossover info & theories for people tuning platforms other than LS1's ?

woth it for someone learning to tune 3800's to purchase ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    where it will be a beginners guide would there be some good crossover info & theories for people tuning platforms other than LS1's ?

woth it for someone learning to tune 3800's to purchase ?
    To me, tuning a 3800 isn't really any different than tuning an LS1. The PCM still has to perform the same tasks either way. The only trick will be if GM/HPT don't have certain tables mapped or available to the V6 guys. I'll have to dig into a 3800 cal to see if all the right stuff is there.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    To me, tuning a 3800 isn't really any different than tuning an LS1. The PCM still has to perform the same tasks either way. The only trick will be if GM/HPT don't have certain tables mapped or available to the V6 guys. I'll have to dig into a 3800 cal to see if all the right stuff is there.
    3800's have less tables/parameters as you are suspecting is my understanding

but I am sure some other platforms would like to know to what extent they could benefit also so dont treat me mentioning 3800's as a derail/threadjack.

if you feel it would greatly benefit anyone starting out with any platform that would be great news for us all
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Will look forward to that, I've got tons to learn about tuning as I am a mere newbie.

Something for the inline 4's availability?
    That would be nice.
    I know we're not as popular as our bigger brothers but it's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by misnblu View Post
    Something for the inline 4's availability?
    That would be nice.
    I know we're not as popular as our bigger brothers but it's something to think about.
    Don't be intimidated by the I-4 system. The PCM has to perform the same functions for either engine and it's just as important to understand the basics of injector flow, MAF and VE calibration for I4's as it is for the V6 and V8 guys. You'd be surprised just how similar the systems are.

Tuner
    eagerly waiting.

Cool. I just finish buying your Engine Management: Advance Tunin book.

Tuner
    Greg, now that the book is done, any work when it is going to be available ? I checked amazon.com , and they still show it as a pre-order. I'm very eager to read this book.

Quote Originally Posted by hexdummy View Post
    Greg, now that the book is done, any work when it is going to be available ? I checked amazon.com , and they still show it as a pre-order. I'm very eager to read this book.
    same here.

The second book is scheduled for release this fall. I don't have an exact date from the publisher yet, and never really got one for the first book. Just keep your eyes open around September.

We shot a bunch more of the DVD's video this week, so progress is happening there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    The second book is scheduled for release this fall. I don't have an exact date from the publisher yet, and never really got one for the first book. Just keep your eyes open around September.

We shot a bunch more of the DVD's video this week, so progress is happening there as well.
    Do you guys have a diesel version out???
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Thank you sir!!looking forward for the final cut
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Tuner in Training
    Great demo! Missed a whole episode of King of the Hill because of it! lol

good deal when is the dvd gonna be out i cant wait!!!

Demo video sold me...when can I buy the DVD!!???