Thread: Not quite Gen 3

Tuner in Training

Not quite Gen 3

..but I searched and could not find anything...

Is there a PID for CMP retard offset (cam retard offset) so I can reset timing on 1998 1/2ton with vortec 350? Or does anyone know how to make the PID to view the CMP RETARD OFFSET?
    Life is short, have fun and go fast! DONT WORRY!

1964 C10 6.0/T56 - Twin Turbo in works
    1984 Z28 LS1/T56
    2003 Dakota RT - Long tubes true dual all the way

Tuner in Training
    Anyone help?
    Life is short, have fun and go fast! DONT WORRY!

1964 C10 6.0/T56 - Twin Turbo in works
    1984 Z28 LS1/T56
    2003 Dakota RT - Long tubes true dual all the way

Bump??? Can Our Software Do This Or Am I Going To Have To Buy Something Else Just To Dial In My Distributer???

Need To Read Cam Retard???

Potential Tuner
    Back from the dead... Is there a PID out for this yet? I have a cheap scanner and HPtuners and neither of them can show me cam retard on my truck. Any possibility that someone knows how to create a PID for this?

i don't know what this is sorry.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    It is the correlation between the crank sensor and cam sensor on older Vortec engines with distributors. Sets DTC P1345 when it is off. When the engine is running, the cam sensor reference pulse is not detected at the correct relative position to the crankshaft position sensor pulse.

You can get it real close by setting #1 to TDC on compression stroke and move distributor until rotor points to the V8 mark on the distributor housing. (V6 mark if you are working on a 4.3L V6)

Some scanners will show correlation and allow you to set it with the engine running.

Advanced Tuner
    HPtuners doesn't show it. Most hand held scanners won't either. I have AutoEnginuity with enhanced GM data and it does show it.
    You can set i pretty darn close with the TDC method, but no way to know for sure unless you can scan it. I have seen trucks as much as 20*out and not set the DTC code.

ok i added a new PID called "Cam Offset". Should be in the next beta.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Sweet action!

I know I'm resurrecting this from the dead, but, any idea what PID this is now? I need to set my timing.

Advanced Tuner
    Holy old thread yes it's a working pid I have it in my channels list and use it everyday. Cam offset as chris stated. Engine must be at or above 1000 rpm while checking cam offset.

Potential Tuner
    Where is it located? I cannot find it in my list. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!