Thread: Using EIO inputs in Function Strings?

Tuner in Training

Using EIO inputs in Function Strings?

I just recently got the pro cable, and would like to use the EIO input in a function string I use for calculating AFR% error.

I used to do this calculation with the input from the A/C voltage (I had the Wideband output going to that pin on the ecm) so my formula looked something like this:

100*((([PID.7101]/.625)+10)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Now, since I no longer need the "([PID.7101]/.625)+10" part of the function, how do I insert the EIO input 1 in there? Something like [EIO.1]? I have the EIO input 1 already setup to use the wideband and do the voltage offset etc, I just simply need to know how to use it in a function.

I used the search button, but wasn't really able to locate an answer to my question. Thanks in advance!

-Ross

Quote Originally Posted by RoDan View Post
    I just recently got the pro cable, and would like to use the EIO input in a function string I use for calculating AFR% error.

I used to do this calculation with the input from the A/C voltage (I had the Wideband output going to that pin on the ecm) so my formula looked something like this:

100*((([PID.7101]/.625)+10)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]

Now, since I no longer need the "([PID.7101]/.625)+10" part of the function, how do I insert the EIO input 1 in there? Something like [EIO.1]? I have the EIO input 1 already setup to use the wideband and do the voltage offset etc, I just simply need to know how to use it in a function.

I used the search button, but wasn't really able to locate an answer to my question. Thanks in advance!

-Ross
    there are [AUX.xxxxxx] and [UER.xxxx] #'s you can look up if you hit the little blue question mark when you are configuring a user defined PID

word of warning..right now adding the [USER.xxxx] PID's in a custom pid will crash the scanner...atleast it does to me
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. I'm still confused about which address corresponds to the 1st input on the EIO.

Like for example, SENS.11 is IAT. What SENS.xxx is the EIO1? Or maybe I'm going about this all wrong, how do I use an EIO input in a PID at all (aside from the PID itself assigned to the EIO1 etc in the scanner).

If I wanted to use the EIO1 as the input for my wideband, how would I go about writing a PID that allows me to calculate AFR% error?
    Last edited by RoDan; 03-05-2009 at 05:49 PM.

the EIO doesnt show up as a PID...
    the formula you put in the aux does...
    User Defined show up as [AUX.xxxxx] for anything made in the EIO slots and [USER.xxxx] for anything made for the rest of the table display
    -Scott -

AFR error PID is already a user defined PID...
    right click table(not in the EIO section...)
    -> Insert
    -> User Defined
    -> and there is is...AFR Error

just make sure whatever PID is made to log AFR has the sensor type as AFR and the units as AFR
    meaning your custom PID that is wideband wired thru AC needs to have the type as AFR and units as AFR
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    ah ha! I really appreciate the help, I just wasn't looking at this the right way. It all makes sense now.
    Last edited by RoDan; 03-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.