Thread: HPT and Mac

Tuner in Training

HPT and Mac

I just got the new 15'' Macbook Pro and wanted to install HPT any info on this would be helpful thanks. OSX 10.5.6
    A.J.
    Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

RCSB GMC SIERRA 00 6.0 lq4/4l80E
    B&M tranny cooler-Volant intake-Auburn posi-SPE-TB4-Cam (232/234 .561/.566) 115-Comp 918 Springs-E/Fans-Hptuners-Caltracs-4/6 DJM-TR55s-TB Bypass-Pacesetter LT's-ASP Crank/Alt Underdrive. 316RHWP 322 RWTQ New cam on the way with 3200 stall.

Advanced Tuner
    Click the square box, and then click the smiley face, followed by the peace sign.. Then pull the white and pink colored lever.. After you do that, you'll be presented with a fun game in which you must identify animals by the sounds they make (hint: mooooo = cow). After you play and pass that game, slide your finger over the mouse pad and draw a smiley face.. And then, your mac will be happy.
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Click the square box, and then click the smiley face, followed by the peace sign.. Then pull the white and pink colored lever.. After you do that, you'll be presented with a fun game in which you must identify animals by the sounds they make (hint: mooooo = cow). After you play and pass that game, slide your finger over the mouse pad and draw a smiley face.. And then, your mac will be happy.
    Oh thats rich

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Thanks for the help and keep your jokes to yourself.
    I'm not really worried since I already have a Gateway laptop but I would love to run HPT with the Mac since it has a 5 hour battery.
    Last edited by low_lq4; 02-19-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

RCSB GMC SIERRA 00 6.0 lq4/4l80E
    B&M tranny cooler-Volant intake-Auburn posi-SPE-TB4-Cam (232/234 .561/.566) 115-Comp 918 Springs-E/Fans-Hptuners-Caltracs-4/6 DJM-TR55s-TB Bypass-Pacesetter LT's-ASP Crank/Alt Underdrive. 316RHWP 322 RWTQ New cam on the way with 3200 stall.

Advanced Tuner
    Unless you install windows using virtual pc or some boot loader you're outta luck.

Run boot camp or parallels
    load windows...xp or vista...

get real and understand that Mac's are useless in the real world ...
    they are only usable in the fantasy world of Hollywood
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    And if you are doing that, battery life would be the same as a windows pc due to the supposed difference in power management.. Instead of the glorious Mac OSX it'd be running windows.. since its based on the same x86-64 hardware, core2duo.. i just don't see how thats any different.

Want 5 hours of batt life on your PC? Try a new 9 cell batt. Brightness, cpu usage, hd rpm speed (5400 or 7200) etc etc all alter batt life.. Wear level of battery is big too.

Enjoy your Fisher Price computer.
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

your other option...which many mac users have done...is buy a used windows xp laptop...you can get some good ones really cheap... I bought a $200 one off of ebay for the wife and kids to play on....it would easily run HPT if I had to use it for some stupid reason instead of my Gateway M285 tablet....
    -Scott -

and for the record... with my Gateway I run vista... its much much better at power management...
    I get about 6 hrs of real work time with it...full on...and I'm using the default battery that comes with it...I believe its an 8 cell that comes standard with it
    if I upgrade to the 12 cell I can get 9-10 hrs out of it...
    and yes...I have done 5 hrs straight of tuning and logging with it running on battery only...
    -Scott -