Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

has anyone successfully read a BF series 1 XR8 Ute manual vcm ?

What was the strategy?

Trying to work out if it is specific to my car or not?

Tuner
    What year model??
    I had a problem with one at end of last year it was a 2005 model Ford introduced a 1024k pcm. I emailed it to Support and they got it sorted.

Just checked a few files i have on the laptop they all appear to have Oak 1024 and one had a Oak 1427k pcm Some are FPV's but dont think there is a difference, a few of them have had a flashtuner and i was able to read fine.

2007 oak 1024k HADCKP7 x3
    2006 oak 1024k HADCER3 x2
    2006 oak 1024k HADCHR4 x2
    2004 oak 1427k HABNCK5 (BA MkII)

I have a few more inc '05 but on another computer i have a look in a couple of days.

Cheers
    Last edited by STATESMAN; 05-28-2009 at 09:03 AM.

where do find what type it is a 1024 or 1427?

Type: Ford Aust Generic 2005
    VIN: 6FPAAAJGCM5D35960
    VCM ID:
    BCC:
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 0
    ECM Seed: 7F0011
    ECM OS ID: þ HADC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IXR08 View Post
    where do find what type it is a 1024 or 1427?

Type: Ford Aust Generic 2005
    VIN: 6FPAAAJGCM5D35960
    VCM ID:
    BCC:
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 0
    ECM Seed: 7F0011
    ECM OS ID: þ HADC

HDAC shows it is a 1024

Dale

cheers, hopefully the next release will have that definition included!!!!

new beta released still no luck with vcm read

Tuner
    What is your OS can you down load the tune at all?

running windows XP, im getting 30.3% way through the read before it drops out and brings up the cant read error

Tuner
    Has it been tuned before at all?

sorry PM sent, didn't want to hijack the thread with my troubleshooting...

Tuner in Training

falcon tuning ?

Hi guys just got my vcm today and started playing straight away,A few things i noticed ,i had a sct x3 to play with and i was logging changes from one to the other.When i commanded more fuel at wot on the sct when scanned into the vcm the only change was in the 48%tps table, does this mean the tps table is out being electronic throttle?(commanded vs actual)
    Also as soon as i altered the trans cals in sct the vcm came up with a checksum error, funny because with efi live(ive been using for holdens for a few years) when you tune a t42 you get checksum errors straight away to?
    when i changed the trans numbers they show up exactly the same percent in the vcm just with a checksum error.When i changed anything else in the sct the results were always exactly the same in vcm( percents ,degrees etc.)
    The other thing i noticed when i changed spark timing in the sct took it out of both the mbs and base spark evenly in the vcm.
    It all makes sense to me bar the wot fuel,anyone else come across this?

Tuner
    Anyone got some results from the FG 315kw V8 yet (in stock form). You would think if they are actually making 315kw that there wouldnt be much left in it...

Potential Tuner
    i couldnt get VCM Scanner to connect to an FG XR8 (not FPV). didnt try VCM Editor.
    has anyone been able to data log on an FG?

Tuner

Knock Retard

It appears that there is no knock retard pid for Ford tuning is this correct?

Thanks
    John

Tuner
    No there isnt one

Tuner

Knock retard

Hmmm! this makes datalog tuning hard!

Tuner
    I use knock ears to listern for Detonation. You can watch your actual timing and compare it to your commanded as long as TQM etc it is under control it can show if timing is being pulled

Potential Tuner
    hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out, i started tuning my first XR6t the other day, having a couple of problems, first is getting the fuel curve where i want it, im chasing somewhere about .82 lambda but the curve i'm getting starting out too lean .92 at about 2500rpm and getting richer as the revs rise. to about .77 at 6000rpm and it doesn't seem to change by adjusting the base fuel table. we changed the standard injectors with 42lb's and i have rescaled the injector folw settings to get about -5% stfts at cruise. but im not having any luck with getting WOT sorted. my other problem is how to sort the boost map ive commanded bout 8psi but can only get about 7psi and it has spikes dropping back to 5psi and it make the power curve all over the place. BTW i still have the Torque Management turned on, Maybe part of my problem?

Potential Tuner
    done a bit more searching for my problem. Found a pid in the vcm scanner for electronic throttle angle, so i loaded it in to log and done a couple of ramp runs, i found that when i raise the desired boost above the factory level i got this surge and it turned out to be the electronic throttle is going 80degrees then dropping to 30 then back to 80 then 50 and so on. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Tuner
    Sound very much like TQM. What have you change apart from boost level