Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    G'day guys/girls,

Anyways, the car has an Icom JTG liquid injected lpg system installed, along with what the previous owner describes as 60lb injectors, and a CAPA tuning box with 95RON 10psi and 98RON 10psi tunes installed. It ran like a hairy goat at idle and light throttle and upon logging fuel trims, I noticed that the JTG injectors are not matched to the petrol injectors, so the tune was modified to compensate. This meant it ran rich on one fuel, and lean on the other.

I have since modded my stock file to mimic a 270 tornado file, and estimated the low/high slope and breakpoint. It now runs 5% ltft at idle, but reverts to zero ltft at anything above really low throttle%. Now though, the lpg stalls upon changeover and commands 30% stft at idle, and 25% on light load so I think I have to drill out my injector calibrators.

I've attached the CAPA files and my current Tornado file, and two logs from my Tornado file in the hope it may be of interest to you, and perhaps somebody could flick me some pointers?? I feel that my injector slopes/breakpoint/offset vs voltage may be a little off as it feels as if it has a small hesitation at really light throttle opening, and perhaps I'm getting knock at 4000rpm WOT??

Merry Christmas!!

Muz

Attachment 42296
    Attachment 42292
    Attachment 42293
    Attachment 42294
    Attachment 42295
    Muz,
    Merry Christmas as well. I have a Territory Turbo with JTG liquid injection and HPT and had a quick look at the CAPA tune (this is where my car started). The CAPA tune is for 42lb injectors which I suspect are Bosh 968 as the slopes very similar to mine. Did the car run on petrol with the CAPA tune?

Anyway this is what I have been told by the ALPG Warehouse and APS:
    1. the JTG system will not run with 60lb injectors
    2. around 42 - 46lb injectors are the correct maximum match
    3. you cannot drill the calibrator out more than 1mm as it will freeze over
    4. you get your petrol tune correct then match the JTG injectors to the petrol injectors

roughly 25% fuel trims would seem to indicate the old slope values for the LPG injector is correct and if so then those injectors are close to the maximum calibration (mine are 0.95mm matching bosch 968 and you need to calibrate the LPG pressure as well).

Can you contact the installer to find out more about what was done?

Where are you located or if you want I can give you a call.

I would suggest you contact the Warehouse to get a name of an installer near you so that you can get the injectors matched.

When set up correctly the car will run great on both fuels but you will have to sacrifice the petrol tune at high loads to get the LPG injector to flow the correct amount of fuel (LPG injectors flow different rates to petrol injectors more at low pulse width, less at high pulse width).

Darryl

Tuner
    Thanks Darryl, good info there! I need to do some more tinkering!

Tuner in Training
    neil xr6turbo.hpt

Hi all,
    finally got to read my tune here it is for you guys to have a look at haven't had chance to data log yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiboost-xr6 View Post
    Hi all,

Workmate of mine put me on to this forum he just brought Hp to tune his VX LS1.
    I'm contemplating buy this software for my 03 BA turbo it's currently tuned with sct x3 but I'm having issues with (have had the same issue since I brought the car) it and my tuner very reputable one in Sydney hasn't been able to work it out and I'm at my wits end with it so thinking I might just try myself.
    But I'll ask if anyone has come across this before my set up first,

nizpro valve springs
    ID1000 injectors
    Plazmaman 1000hp inter cooler
    4 inch air intake
    FG turbo manifold
    MTA high flowed turbo
    4 inch dump pipe
    5 inch 100cell cat
    twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust
    surge tank (single 044)
    walbro intank
    TCE 2800 stall (built 4 speed)
    Greddy profex B boost controller

think that's everything lol, now the issue the tune itself besides the issue is great the car performs well and goes like a cut cat makes anywhere between 330 and 350rwkw on the dyno and has run a 11.8@118mph
    the issue is its holding the throttle closed at 3100 and wont open further for anywhere between 1-3 seconds then it will "surge" open and close the throttle rapidly till close to or on 4000rpm.
    If I take off flat to the floor this doesn't occur but it I take off normally shifts into 2nd then accelerate just a bit under half throttle it will rev up to 3000rpm and stop no matter how much I push the throttle then either surge or snap to full throttle and just about kill me. Now this is semi intermittent sometimes it does it nearly everytime other times it will just surge makes it really annoying when you trying to over take and starts surging
    I've owned this car since 2008 and it was modified when I brought it and it surged then but didn't hold the throttle closed that's a more recent thing after the last tune, I've tried everything I can think of to work this out changed throttle body,PCM checked wiring the only thing I haven't done is the pedal.
    I'm sure its in the tune though cause like I said it got worse after the last tune and my tuner ripped his hair trying to work out why its doing it and wasn't able to (my car was there for 4 months) it seems worse in colder weather but surges quicker on hotter days it will hold throttle for longer the surge slower if that makes sense, does it in any gear 2nd up in normal,sports or manual mode i'm at a loss after 5 yrs I just want it fixed!
    that's why i'm thinking about hp have a go myself and work it out from what I've read hp will still work with my car even though its sct tuned.

If anyone has any idea or suggestion or a tuner on here wants to have ago at fixing it I'm open to suggestions I've paid for 3 tunes and still got nowhere. by no means am I bagging my tuner he's done his best I know and like I said the car goes great otherwise, just this issue has him stumped and me frustrated.

Thanks
    ill have a look at it.. sounds defiantly tune related..

Tuner in Training
    thanks vyssls1

Advanced Tuner
    When you have the throttle issue does the throttle seem to stay at that one fixed position?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    When you have the throttle issue does the throttle seem to stay at that one fixed position?
    yes it does and from what the data logger my tuner used he said that it is holding the throttle and doesn't matter if I push the accelerator to the floor it doesn't responded then all of a sudden snaps full throttle and just about spits me off the road. if you just hold the accelerator pedal at the point where it "sticks" after 1-2 seconds it starts working then surges the throttle plate opens and closes after about 4100 it clears and no further issues, it starts "sticking" at about 3-3100.

hope this info is helpful cause I'm at a lose.

Thanks Neil

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have LED/aftermarket tail lights?

Tuner in Training
    no I don't

Neil

Sounds like a dodgy TPS
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    Sounds like a dodgy TPS
    I've changed the throttle body with a brand new one from ford.

Neil

But sensors like the Throttle Position Sensor would not usually come on a new raw T/B it would be bare, at least i would susspect... Can u confirm ? ( its the black sensor on the side )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Tuner in Training
    yes it came complete with new tps and when you buy a throttle body new from ford the come complete.

Thanks Neil

What codes are being thrown up ?

Advanced Tuner
    It sounds like the old LED tail light issue Ive seen it a few times now, Even Orangeute had the same drama but i believe his load resistor had failed.
    But if you dont have LED tail lights this wont be your problem lol. What Jet said, what codes are you getting, you will need to log with SCT to see what sort of limiting is coming into play when the fault occurs. HP doesnt have access to it from memory

Tuner in Training
    no codes come up at all if I had codes I'd at least have an idea of where to start looking, i'm trying to get the sct data logger to work on my new laptop but the driver for the sct isn't compatible with windows 8.1 yet which is a pain!

Neil

Well in the last tune has someone changed the "reporting" status of the DTC's ?
    Read the tune and check the DTC's against a stock file and see if a bulk amount has been changed, then revert them to stock and then check the ecu for fault codes

Advanced Tuner
    DTC report status looks normal in the tune
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    I don't have software to alter the tune yet nor a stock file to compare

Have u got the file luke ?

If u have i take it nothing with the throttle angle is weird ?