Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford tuning in AUS

Advanced Tuner
    fg turbos are so small it dosent really matter which way you do it, usually i do the FG's in open loop as no matter what you do they will only go to around 20psi and 320rwkw..

yep logged everything that can be logged with HPT, peak power was almost identical at about 5000rpm its just the power after the peak..

Advanced Tuner
    Have you got dyno sheets on both to compare?

I'd be logging with sct no mater what it's tuned on as hp tuners miss's a lot of stuff needed especially when talking power loss!

so im currently in aus. does anyone have any suggestions on things to see or do (car/hotrod/tuning/dyno/event) wise? any really cool shops i should visit or check out?
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry Fox,

I've never really made time to go out to events like that & being close to Christmas I don't know whether much will be on!

There is a good Rod Shop in Castlemaine;

http://www.rodshop.com.au/

I've never been there but everyone swears by them for conversion kits & a lot of odd parts!

Sorry I couldn't be more help Grant LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Fox95 View Post
    so im currently in aus. does anyone have any suggestions on things to see or do (car/hotrod/tuning/dyno/event) wise? any really cool shops i should visit or check out?

Australias biggest street machine show happens in early january

http://www.summernats.com.au/

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    Have you got dyno sheets on both to compare?

I'd be logging with sct no mater what it's tuned on as hp tuners miss's a lot of stuff needed especially when talking power loss!
    yeh ill print them out tomorrow,

fox where is aus are you?

Tuner
    ahhh ok cheers dale.....

have you done any fG f6's with full exhausts and good coolers??? no problems controling boost?
    Last edited by lukearmstrong; 12-18-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: i opened my eyes and read some :P
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

currently at the moment, im in canberra. but have tripes planned to both sydney and melbourne.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Advanced Tuner
    summer nats is in canberra, i would go to that, its worth a look even if it is just for the bogan factor!

let me know where you going in sydney ill be up for a beer or 2

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    ahhh ok cheers dale.....

have you done any fG f6's with full exhausts and good coolers??? no problems controling boost?
    all the f6's i have done have had stock coolers but no problems with 350rwkw with the stock injectors etc..

the other FG's have done with coolers havent had any problems either,

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    Yeah most tuners zero the table out but like I said it's there for a reason. Ford engineers calibrated the Boarderline knock table for lambda 1 and this table does a correction based on fuelling as an engine is more spark tolerant at richer AFR's and vise versa.

Therefore the afr correction table makes zero correction at lambda 1 when steady cruising. At light load and low RPM the the correction table is normally removing timing and at high rpm high load it's adding timing.

So if you zero this table out and use the boarderline knock table as your base spark table will need to remove timing at low load and rpm otherwise you're faced with too much timing as the transition to WOT is slow and it will set the knock sensors off prematurely regardless of whether you have re-calibrated your knock sensor/s.

I can't see how it's a trap, you can see the table, you know the correction it will make and when so you just keep this in mind when calibrating the boarderline knock table!
    Again I can see why you do it on Ford's. But Holdens have a better spark table. I just get the VE table right and make up a custom map that tracks KPA. I generally set PE to 70-80 kpa for most NA engines So I know then my the logs what kpa corresponds to the gram/cyl. So yes they are in a way calibrated for lambda 1 but in power enrichment you need LESS timing, not more, So a Ford tuner adds x amount of boost then the engine sees a higher gram/cylinder value and sometimes richer airfuel values. So if those values in borderline kncok are already to high then the tuner has to pull it out of the AFR spark adder, just more stuff to worry about, If anything it should have negatives not positives in those tables. Again, its a downfall having PE activated on a boosted engine by TPS and not MAP. If it was activated by MAP you can log and create pids which tell you exactly at what rpm and g/cyl what MAP values are being recorded. Then the spark adder can be done away with. Just a waste of time.

cheers

Tuner in Training
    Looking at getting a new FG so maybe might get myself SCT going from what Dale has mentioned. So far so good with HPT haven't had any issues only slow flash times and batterys goin flat at times lol.

Advanced Tuner
    HPT is getting there with Ford's, my flashes are down to around 4 Minutes, I don't think you can even get that with SCT!

But I don't think Bill can even really dispute the fact that SCT are GREAT with logging a lot more PID's & Direct Memory Recalls!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant LS1 View Post
    HPT is getting there with Ford's, my flashes are down to around 4 Minutes, I don't think you can even get that with SCT!

But I don't think Bill can even really dispute the fact that SCT are GREAT with logging a lot more PID's & Direct Memory Recalls!
    I have a DMR list from one of the strategies ford uses, there some 6800 DMR's for just that one strategy, finding the ones that are worth logging and then adding them to each strategy will take an immense amount of time and manpower.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I looked at a BA today was a NA 6 they bolted a process west intercooler kit on it and factory turbo. Has a 3200 rpm TCE convertor in it made 298rwkw unlocked on a well known Gold coast shop(SCT tuner). But on the way home got 300km to a tank was stalling occasionally at idle, and had a big misfire at 3000 rpm. Had a look at it, LTFT were -25%. ??? Fixed this up was also rattling its guts out at 5000rpm to much timing. Was lean up top like 13:1. Torque management was activating, turned that off. It wasnt getting full boost till 3200 rpm however the convertor fixes that. Air fuel is back in the high 11s with 2 degrees less timing and LTFTs sitting around -3%. VCM worked fine on this car no problem. Goes like a rocket now.

Advanced Tuner
    Pretty scary situation, NA engine with NA comp ratio rattling its head off on boost!

BA rods are like plasticine at the best of times let alone when ping ping pinging!

Sounds like a nice setup now that its had a decent tune Hymey!
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Pretty scary situation, NA engine with NA comp ratio rattling its head off on boost!

BA rods are like plasticine at the best of times let alone when ping ping pinging!

Sounds like a nice setup now that its had a decent tune Hymey!
    I'm not an expert by all means on Fords, but the obvious was all wrong, Bit more road noise then a Holden but very nice to drive. We did some more tuning today afrs 11.3-11.5 region, likes it there upto 15-16psi now, making 16 psi on the brake (TCE hi stall) and blows the tyres off 1st 2nd 3nd good fun, It is ruuning 10 degrees timing compression ratio is 10:1 the head has been milled 25 thou and ported, chambers been blended and polished. It was running 15 degrees timing on 10 psi some light knock at 19(where the other shop had it). It has some very light knock(with knock ears) at 14 degrees timing on 15 psi, at 10degrees no knock at all and doesnt lose any power.
    Last edited by hymey; 01-31-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hymey View Post
    what rpm and g/cyl what MAP values are being recorded.
    cheers
    This can be done very easily.......just not with HP. ALL aspects of the speed density algorithm can be logged. Very handy

Potential Tuner
    Hi
    Just want to know if anyone has tuned a new fpv gt 335 or gs and what gains you got

Tuner
    I know few people seeing massive gains with exhaust and tune only, SCT tune though... Up to 350rwkw
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******