Thread: AFR error % changes based on commanded AFR

AFR error % changes based on commanded AFR

I did a search and could not find the answer but here is my problem. I am tuning with a LC-1 and if I command 12to1 then my error is -8% at 13to1 my error is 3% and at 15to1 then it is 12%. Shouldn't my error always be close to the same no matter what I am commanding?

Log? Tune?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    It will cahnge every time you change the commanded AFR. You are changing the value that the computer is trying to reach. Therefore, the AFR the car is running in the scanner is a different percentage of the commanded AFR when you cahnge it.
    For example: You command AFR of X:1. In the scanner you have an error of Y%. If you change the commanded AFR to X+1:1 and re scan the car with no change to the VE table, then you will no longer get the same Y% error because it is no longer trying to get to X:1, it is trying to get to X+1:1.
    Mike
    1999 Formula (FOR SALE)
    2010 Silverado 5.3 Z71
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250

Turned out it was a bad set of injectors. I started to tune the car at a commanded 14.7 to 1 and my VE table was looking very strange. Put a fresh set of injectors in and presto, the AFR error fell in line and the VE table looks like what you would expect. thanks.