Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: map vs boost gauge difference

Tuner in Training

map vs boost gauge difference

alright lately im having an issue. when i log my map and its set up for 3 bar. the scanner doesnt read as the does boost gauge does. when im in boost well say 5psi im scanner isnt reading accurate. i know im in boost the BOV goes off around 5psi. it takes me around 10 psi for the gauge to go above 105kpa. the other day they both worked the say then i make some changes to the tune and its been like that since. i also redid the map connection since it blew out of intake so now its on a barb with a hose

another question is on my Table in the scanner it has the MAP for 3 bar on there but its measured in psi and not kpa...how can i change that?

i also have HPT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Post your scanner log for review, I'll also make a demo on how to change units in the table display for you.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    this is what im using. if you see something im missing feel free to let me know. i never done a boosed vehicle. i just want to get it close then take it to a tuner who has done boost.

i have a autometer Fuel guage should i add that to the EIO as well?

i have a TTA 3 bar map sensor. i just did this configuration but not sure if im right

thanks

:edited: i also added a configuration i was using last night
    Last edited by Quik; 09-13-2008 at 02:56 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Looks like its logging fine to me

Are there problem frames in the log I should be looking at? for instance frame 736 is showing 145kpa which is 6psi of boost which is what the scanner is reading so all looks fine to me, even the histograms,gauge & graph displays look fine.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner in Training
    my scanner is reading lower then my boost gauge thats my problem. tonigh i did a small run and my wastegate open which is 15psi and the highest value on the scanner is 170kpa. 170kpa is around 10 psi. im usually around 0 vaccum and scanner is still at 70kpa where i would think it should be 105kpa

and cause of this its throwing all my logs off so i havent had chance to actually dial in the VE in higher rpms, if you look at the one histogram it doesnt go past 80kpa

this leads me to think its ths scanner andn ot the truck

i also tried to right click as you did in your doctor file and i dont that. i just have the metric/imperial and insert/delete

Tuner in Training
    heres copy of tune, maybe you can see something off besides lean

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Why do you have your map sensor scaled to 200kpa in the editor?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Why do you have your map sensor scaled to 200kpa in the editor?
    i ended up coping someones 2bar just to get me running and wasnt aware it was different. that should be scaled to 320 right? and for the 0v offset is that 40?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    But you are running 3 bar so why would you copy 2 bar settings?

Tuner in Training
    i couldnt find a 3 bar map file to compare to. im new to the whole boosted world. just trying to get my files right.

i changed the linear to 320 and offset is still 10.33. i did a small log the boost guage matches teh Guage on the scanner along with the table my histrogram doesnt match

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    so now its only the histogram you are having issues with? If so you probably have a custom PID created that is skewing your number, fix the custom pid or delete it all together.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    so now its only the histogram you are having issues with? If so you probably have a custom PID created that is skewing your number, fix the custom pid or delete it all together.
    but in the log the truck doesnt seem to be going in the higher tables. honestly i just want to try and get a safe foundation so i can take it ot a tuner. i not sure about setting this up for boost

Tuner in Training
    this is my latest log its only around the block. if you notice the histrogram doesnt match the others. also is a copy of my latest tune. if you see anything please point it out. sooner i figure this out the sooner i can get it to a dyno, so i can drive it safely.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik
    if you notice the histrogram doesnt match the others
    I guess I don't notice it, everything looks fine to me in all of the histograms

Quik I notice you never go over 132kpa in that scan. That'd be about 4.8ish #'s of boost. Did you go over that on the gauge? How about your config file? Do you know how to upload it so we can see what you are trying to log? Your hist#1 g/cyl never really goes over .88 and that's obviously wrong. Are you logging the MAF PID? If so delete it.
    2K ECSB 4WD 1500 Silvy 6.0L(swapped), 2600 Suncoast TC, TransTech4L80E, '02 PCM upgrade,Patriot Stg 2 Heads,TVS1900(2.8 Pulley),custom 224/228 568/571 114+4,meth inject to wet a 75 shot of nitrous,dynatech hdrs,gutted cats,4.1 gears w/Eaton LSP,HPT-EIO,DynoJet WB, and tuned by the seat of my pants.
    12.22 @ 110.75 blower/meth/110 (76*) (radix)
    11.66 @ 115.95 bower/meth/110/50shot (45*) (radix)
    11.35 @ 117.35 blower/meth/110/75shot (45*) (radix)

Tuner in Training
    this is my scanner configuration

dewey, on my boost gauge ive read 15psi, and my wastegate opend up and the highest the scanner recorded was around 170kpa

5psi is my bov and i can hit that and the histrogram wont even read that high

Tuner in Training
    here is what im referring to. if you look at the table it shows 196kpa but if you look at the historgram you see that its only 95kpa.....now hsouldnt they both match?

That screen shot is exactly what you are describing. The dyncylair is even 1.3x. That seems like a scanner issue and not a tune issue, I know you said you changed something in your tune and then it happened, but if the scalers were wrong (and them seem okay enough) then all the tables would be goofy across the board. You got me on this one, unless something is wired wrong this seems like a discrepancy with the scanner. Bill? Doug? help a brutha out!

Do you have the old tune before you changed something and it got all screwed up like that? Maybe we could do a compare.
    2K ECSB 4WD 1500 Silvy 6.0L(swapped), 2600 Suncoast TC, TransTech4L80E, '02 PCM upgrade,Patriot Stg 2 Heads,TVS1900(2.8 Pulley),custom 224/228 568/571 114+4,meth inject to wet a 75 shot of nitrous,dynatech hdrs,gutted cats,4.1 gears w/Eaton LSP,HPT-EIO,DynoJet WB, and tuned by the seat of my pants.
    12.22 @ 110.75 blower/meth/110 (76*) (radix)
    11.66 @ 115.95 bower/meth/110/50shot (45*) (radix)
    11.35 @ 117.35 blower/meth/110/75shot (45*) (radix)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dewmanshu
    That screen shot is exactly what you are describing. The dyncylair is even 1.3x. That seems like a scanner issue and not a tune issue, I know you said you changed something in your tune and then it happened, but if the scalers were wrong (and them seem okay enough) then all the tables would be goofy across the board. You got me on this one, unless something is wired wrong this seems like a discrepancy with the scanner. Bill? Doug? help a brutha out!

Do you have the old tune before you changed something and it got all screwed up like that? Maybe we could do a compare.
    Screenshot of the same exact frame on my pc.

As previously stated he has a custom PID that he made that is setup wrong.