Thread: Quick ?: PE vs time vs rpm.

Question Quick ?: PE vs time vs rpm.

the table stops at 25.2 seconds.

beyond this time frame/limit is the last row of 25.2sec used for an indefinate time frame?
    say 1min, 10min, 3hrs or what ever.

thanks.

How often will you be at WOT for over 25 seconds?
    Lee
    '02 Firebird 3.8 IHRA H/FIA

just looking for info on the table itself.
    how its referenced for time beyond the 25 sec.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by krunchss
    In all seriousness, from our point, it doesn't sound like a serious question. Kinda like, "What would happen if I got WOT and put the shifter into park?" I can guarantee you won't go any faster that's for sure.

Krunch
    your comments are not appreciated.
    there's no need for you to be posting in this thread if u do not have relevant answer to the question.
    so feel free to excuse yourself from this one.
    its obviously beyond your knowledge base.
    thanks.

the question is simple.
    what happens if the max limit of the table (25.2sec) is exceeded.

and if the time frame is exceeded is the 25sec line the last reference for what ever amount of time the motor is running.

some of us turbo guys have had to think out of the box and dumped the maf and closed loop in its entirety.
    especially if you max its limits at 35-3600rpm.
    i run my car OL full time (with great success)
    but looking for some back up info on the last line of the PE adder.
    turbo v6 fbody, 22-25lbs boost, 22* timing with a commanded afr of my choosing.
    it works..flawlessy.
    Last edited by usd2sing; 05-09-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I am willing to bet that if you continue past the 25.x seconds that it will continue with the last value for that RPM. Do I know for sure, no. I will bet on it though
    Mike (MOJO)

2003 GTP, L36 swap, TOGs extremes, ZZP stage 3 heads, SSIC, ZZP Ported Blower, 3.0/3.2 pulley, XP hot cam w/ 105#, 42.5# injectors, N* w/ 85mm MAF, Meziere Water Pump.
    Need more info, follow link below

Mod List
    http://www.jscgp.com/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=5

http://www.jscgp.com

thanks mike.

Advanced Tuner
    I think I remember talking to someone about this.. It wasnt regarding the time frame of the table (length of time mainly), but what happened if PE was enabled all the time..

here is a test, set the entire PE Enable table to 0% TPS (or something so low that PE will easily be enabled at even very low vehicle speeds).. That will let you know what happens when PE is enabled for more then 25.x seconds.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

bump..

chris?
    bill?
    clarification? confirmation?
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I've done many WOT runs beyond 25 seconds. It holds the highest value at the top of the table and holds that beyond the 25 second mark. I was curious a few years ago and tested it myself.

It is quite challenging to hold WOT continusouly longer than a couple minutes unless you have an incredibly long stretch of road. It is also possible to blow a full fuel tank in under an hour (been there and done that a couple times while testing out the top speed of the car).
    Last edited by JerryH; 05-17-2008 at 08:23 AM.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *

Tuner
    JerryH, how fast were you going after 25 seconds?
    2004 GTP: 3.8L SC, XP CAM, 85MM Maf, 105# Springs, 3.3" Pulley, Autolite 103's K&N CAI, 3" Downpipe: TOG Headers, #39 Cobra Injectors, ZZP Crate motor with CNC Ported Heads, NGK AFX Wideband

Advanced Tuner
    At the time that I best remember, it was actually 2 GTPs (my best friend and I), and a Porche going from Montreal to Ottawa. We were not WOT all the time, but we were definately in the 150-155 MPH areas often.

Later on in another run I was doing a GPS indicated 263 kph (around 163 mph) for a good 10 seconds but I had it at WOT for well over a minute. You cannot hold that speed for very long, conditions just did not permit it.
    Last edited by JerryH; 05-17-2008 at 08:32 AM.
    '99 Black GTP Sedan
    3.4-2.6" PB Quick Change pulleys, Custom CAI, XP Cam, N* TB, LQ4 MAF, SLP headers, 42.5# Injectors, 180/195* thermostat.

13.501 @ 103.392 on 91 (2.4 60-foot).
    13.82 @ 105.28 on 87 octane! (2.42 60-foot).
    263kph top end as shown on the GPS.
    All this and 39MPG to boot. What more can a man ask for?
    * Just another enthusiastic amateur tuner! *