Thread: Why so long to ship?

Tuner in Training

Why so long to ship?

Hi everyone, I don't mean to come off as an ass in my first post but I was wondering why it takes so long for the HP Tuners guys to ship out? I placed my order on Monday and just now received the order processed email today saying that it will ship out in 3-5 business days.

I'm needing this fairly quickly, and an up to 10 day wait BEFORE it ships out is a bit rediculous considering most of you guys' resellers are shipping the next day.

Is there any way to speed this up or cancel my order so I can just order from a reseller? Again, I don't mean to sound like an ass but I don't understand the hold up. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I feel your pain, I ordered on March 26th and mine hasn't shipped yet. I received the email saying it should ship in 3 to 5 business days on March 27th. I emailed sales today, I hope I hear something tomorrow.

Hello,

In order to keep costs down for our customers, HP Tuners utilizes a production house for both production and shipping. Unfortunately, there are limitations. A couple of those limitations are that orders are processed in batches, and expediting an order is not an option. UPS Ground is the only option. In the future, this will surely change, but product improvement and development is the current priority. For now, it takes 5-7 business days for the product to ship from this production house. This is noted on the orders page.

As pointed out above, we do have inventorying resellers. If anyone needs a product quickly email sales and we will set you up with a reseller that carries inventory. This is best handled before an order is placed, because cancelling an order once the production house has it, is difficult.
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Tuner in Training
    Well, it looks like mine shipped! They sent a tracking number but I didn't get the email with my "customer login information, installation instructions and application key" that the original email said I would receive when it was shipped. Hopefully that will come soon...
    '02 Impala L36 SC (ZZP SSM90 w/3.6" Pulley) WizAired CAI, N* Throttle Body, ZZP Yella Terra 1.95 Roller Rockers, Comp Cams 105# springs, Lucas 38# Flowmatched injectors, Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 heads milled .020, Ported LIM, SLP Headers, SLP cat, GMPP cat back, Thrasher Shift Kit

Quote Originally Posted by dchale
    Well, it looks like mine shipped! They sent a tracking number but I didn't get the email with my "customer login information, installation instructions and application key" that the original email said I would receive when it was shipped. Hopefully that will come soon...
    You can always email Support or Sales with your correct email address.
    Also check spam filters. If HPT hasn't sent you any email previously it can get caught by spam filters that are a little too rambunctious.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    I'm pretty sure that they just haven't sent it yet. I checked the junk mail folder and I received the other emails so they have the right address.
    '02 Impala L36 SC (ZZP SSM90 w/3.6" Pulley) WizAired CAI, N* Throttle Body, ZZP Yella Terra 1.95 Roller Rockers, Comp Cams 105# springs, Lucas 38# Flowmatched injectors, Milzy Motorsports Stage 2 heads milled .020, Ported LIM, SLP Headers, SLP cat, GMPP cat back, Thrasher Shift Kit

Tuner in Training
    I received the email with the login information, etc today. If all goes well I should have the tuner in hand soon...

Tuner in Training
    I sent an email to sales asking to cancel my order if it could not arrive by the 12th. Jay replied saying the order was canceled, but I also received an email from UPS with a tracking number and delivery date (scheduled for the 11th) so I didn't know what to think. I tracked my order at UPS today and it says there has been an exemption, so I'm clueless to what is going on.

Jay if you could let me know for sure if the order is canceled or in transit I'd appreciate it. If it's in transit, that's fine and don't worry about canceling it.

Thanks,
    Cody Johnson

Senior Tuner
    I can't think of a single reason to order directly from HPTUNERS.COM unless you just don't have a local dealer in your area. Alternative > thetuningschool.com < There are several perks to ordering from them despite the long awaited shipping dilemma. Check out their site for more. Unfortunately I did not. Looking back wish I had! OR If you are lucky enough to have a local distributor they will have the tuner ready to rock when you provide the cashola'. I began logging as I drove away from my local distributor.

P.S. Another slight advantage is "TAXES" when it comes to a local distributor. You "MAY" have a provider who will "WORK" around them for you. I paid $649 for my HPTUNERS PRO, Period!
    Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 04-08-2008 at 02:37 PM.

Cody,

You have email!
    Jay
    HP Tuners

1967 Camaro, 2005 LS6, T56-under construction

Tuner in Training
    Jay,

PM sent.