Thread: normal, cruise and economy....astro van

normal, cruise and economy....astro van

for shift tables/pressure and such i have a "normal" "cruise" and "economy" setting.

wondering which shift tables it uses, and when... its a 2wd if that makes a difference. i assume the tow / haul button has some effect.

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

Here's what I've learned so far on my 2000 Sonoma with the 4.3 and 4L60E...

Cruise tables are used when... you guessed it... the cruise is engaged.

Normal tables are used for regular use when the cruise is not engaged.

In my truck, I do not have a tow/haul switch, but I did have the Economy tables. Judging by the more agressive shift mph's and TCC lock-up values, my assumption is that they would be used for tow mode should I have such a button.

For my tune, I started by copying the "Economy" (aka tow haul) tables over into the normal sections then drove it a bit. Some of them were very agressive (like not shifting out of 2nd gear until 37 mph) so I backed some settings down to a happy medium between the normal and economy. Then did a few edits here and there to make sure the TCC was locking up at the right time relative to the shifts. Truck feels like it gained about 25 hp.

I left my Cruise setting almost exactly as stock - just bumped up everything by 1 mph or so to help it kick down a bit earlier.

Cool part about this cruise table is that I'm holding gears longer and have the extra rpm's around town, but if I want to run with more mpg in mind, I just tap the cruise button and it flips over to that table and most often, will either up-shift or lock the converter depending on my speed.

Once I got the shift points where I wanted them, I went into the shift firmness settings and edited the force motor tables to get things feeling the way I wanted them.

Later!
    Scott Braemer
    2000 NHRA Trans Am - LS1
    2006 Trailblazer SS - LS2
    2008 GMC Sierra Denali - L92