Thread: CTS 3.6L tuning

CTS 3.6L tuning

Has anybody done any tuning the the Cadillac CTS 3.6? I pulled the tune from my wife's today. I'm wondering if someone could explain how to adjust the timing. And why are there no trans settings?

Here's the tune I pulled from the car.
    Last edited by LS1408; 02-01-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Dang 18 views and nothing, I'm not asking for someone to tell me how to tune the car. Just how to adjust the timing with the 4 timing tables.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its a TCM we don't support yet(we do support some of the Auto's that are strapped to those 3.6 motors but not all yet).

As for timing are you able to log intake/exhaust min/max or position?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I haven't done any logs, I guess I should have thought of that. Will I need a custom config. to log timing?

Potential Tuner

Any answers?

Did you recieve any answers to your timing questions? I see the 4 timing tables, intake cam vs exhaust cam, and am afraid to touch them. Not exactly what I expected. Have you found a tune or figured out what to do? I paid 500 dollars and the only thing I am not afraid to try is the timing adder for ECT. Hope you can help get me started. thanks.

Yeah, as you woulda guessed shes a different breed with no high/low octane tables, these engines rely on pure knock retard to pull back timing, dont let that confuse you tho.
    4 Tables, its not tooooo confusing, if you keep it simple in your head you still have the calculated loading vs engine rpm just multiplied by 4 tables. all you have to picture is at the point of ignition the timing of the exhaust and intake cams that come in, the computer decides which table to refer off, if you cant find cam timing PIDs in your scanner to help monitor and picture whats happening, Very Rough way i get about it is looking at the scanner - RPM vs Load then you cross reference on your cam tables on the editor to give ya rough idea what phase the engines in. but yeah, take ya time and validate each of your changes. cheers Bryan

Potential Tuner
    Thanks. Now at least I know that I need to try to learn how to find the timing PIDs in the scanner. I have a lot to learn. Thanks again.

yeah no worries... theres some really good navigational guides on here for the software. the help file with the software is pretty good also and yeah really stuck theres plenty of members on here to discuss aspects of tuning. meantime have fun!
    cheers, Bryan

Potential Tuner

CTS alloytec 3.6 ECT adder question

Would simply adding a little positive advance in the ECT adder table give me any benefit? The ECT adder and the IAT adders are very simple tables. Normal operating temperatures the adder is 0. Very cold, a positive add, very hot a negative add. If I just put a slight advance (1,2,or 3) vs. normal operating temperature instead of 0, will that do me any good? Thanks.

Has anyone figured a tune for the Cadillac 3.6 yet?

same but different to the SV6 block (190), idea on progress, still pluggin away here - not enough borrowed time :P, mates can be hard to chase when theyre busy with their own stuff.
    As or the less complex 175 block im neerly done - gettin headers tmorra to throw cat in the chook house and give me more work.
    what mods ya runnin seevi?

2005 and 2006 3.6L CTS Tune Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by LS1408 View Post
    Has anybody done any tuning the the Cadillac CTS 3.6? I pulled the tune from my wife's today. I'm wondering if someone could explain how to adjust the timing. And why are there no trans settings?

Here's the tune I pulled from the car.

Is it possible to use your tune, pulled from your wife's car (a 2005) to tune my car (a 2006) on a new PCM from say a junkyard computer. Troubleshooting points to a bad computer and I'm not certain if I should pull the tune from my computer (the bad one) to put into the arriving computer (not the same model), or if it's even possible. Any suggestions would help!!

Gday Allen, to answer your question, I don't know to be honest, altering/flashing a different OS is something rather avoid myself, but I'm sure there are fellow tuners on the bboard and few of the guys of HP Tuners that may have some answers of experience there. Maybe shoot a message out to Bill or Keith
    But one things for sure is copy and paste of tables from a comparison tune to the vehicle tune can be easily done as I have trialed a few variances noticed in US vehicles from the Aussie counterparts if that makes sence
    Beached as bro!