Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wideband Issues

Tuner in Training sixvi6-camaro's Avatar
    The LC1 across the board at stoich and WOT was within +/- .1 -.2 afr from commanded. At WOT the PLX still read leaner than commanded anywhere from +.0 - .3 afr which isn't bad at all and made me feel better about WOT tuning with it but the PLX being off from +.7 - 1 AFR afr won't work for me because I'm siming the NB and it was throwing off my trims on that bank.

I also put kooks 1 7/8 LT headers on my car which had no effect on either.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
    The LC1 across the board at stoich and WOT was within +/- .1 -.2 afr from commanded. At WOT the PLX still read leaner than commanded anywhere from +.0 - .3 afr which isn't bad at all and made me feel better about WOT tuning with it but the PLX being off from +.7 - 1 AFR afr won't work for me because I'm siming the NB and it was throwing off my trims on that bank.

I also put kooks 1 7/8 LT headers on my car which had no effect on either.
    I'm relieved to hear that it was close at WOT !!!!!!

Thanks for the update.

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

So basically we've concluded that our WB's are hosed, right? My Dad recently got an LC-1. I may see if I can convince him to un-install it and let me borrow it to compare to my AEM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    So basically we've concluded that our WB's are hosed, right? My Dad recently got an LC-1. I may see if I can convince him to un-install it and let me borrow it to compare to my AEM.
    That would be a good test also. Specially since we have the exact same issue.

Please let us know if you do it Bill

Also what do you think of getting all us guys with known issue and confronting PLX with our data and complaint.

DH

I just bought a PLX and then stumbled upon this thread. Mine seems to be working great but I don't have anything to compare it to. Is anyone else having trouble with theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by White01WS6
    I just bought a PLX and then stumbled upon this thread. Mine seems to be working great but I don't have anything to compare it to. Is anyone else having trouble with theirs?
    Me too. I got my PLX before finding this thread. I have been trying to tune my car in SD mode. I have noticed I am having to drasticaly reduce my VE tables. I am starting to think My PLX is not reading correctly. I have even called PLX and spoke with them. They have asured me the device is great. The more I try and tune off it, the more I do not trust it. I have a cam only car, and I am stunned how much I am having to lower the VE tables to make my WB=Commanded AFR.

From what I have gathered, they use the same Bosh sensor as the other brands, and it is the computing device that is the problem/difference. If this is the case, then does anyone know if I can purchase just the device from a good brand and not the entire kit?

DynoJet wideband, NGK wideband, and Innovate wideband are known entities. I had the PLX and it was off over a ratio at stoch when in closed loop and the narrowbands were operating correctly. I do not trust the PLX unit.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    I noticed something similar with my PLX setup, it was reading very lean at idle/part throttle but a lot closer to commanded at WOT. Could we setup a new wideband pid with an adjusted formula in it for part throttle tuning?
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 | A4 | ASC #2698 | #22 of 32 NBM WS6's in '98
    LT's, ORY, lid, catback, HPTuning

Advanced Tuner
    Back from the dead!

I've got a aem uego and have some problems maybe yall could help me out with. My gauge will read one thing, lets say a steady 15.7 at idle and the log is jumping from 12-14. Any ideas on what that could be? I have the wire from the wideband in pin 1 of the eio.
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily