Thread: Adjusting Force motor tables

Tuner

Adjusting Force motor tables

Hi Guys, I have a 1998 Buick Lesabre with 3.8L V6 that I'm thinking about tuning. I read the PCM and looked at the transmission tables, and the line pressure tables are not used, and it appears GM is only using the force motor. I read this thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10436 And it appears that everyone started talking about the pressure tables.

SO, all I'm looking to do it firm up ALL shifts by maybe 10-15%. The transmission has 133k on it, so I'm looking to firm things up a little in order to maintain the trans life.

Should I just use a % formula on the force motor tables in order to do what I want? Or will the PCM use the line pressure tables if I put #'s into them, as they are all currently ZERO'd out.

Thanks.

Are you using V2.2.0? The shift pressure tables have been supported on the V6 cars since about a year ago. This screen pic is from a customer's Buick Park Ave. Post your tune, and I'll see if there are shift pressure tables. Or go to your customer page & download V2.2.0

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Russ, the car is a 1998.. As stated above, it has pressure tables, but are not used........... They are all ZERO.

So do I need to use the Force motor tables??

Tuner
    Hey, I just went out and re-read the car, and now it shows the shift pressure tables... Oh, yes I'm using V 2.2.0.. Maybe because the orriginal file was read with an older version, so the tables didn't get read?

Thanks.