Thread: TC still engages after disable

Tuner

TC still engages after disable

Because this shudder will not go away, because this TC is driving me insane I decided to disable it completely until I can remove this dam Yank. I've set both lockup table to engage a 255mph thereby elimnating lockup, however, when i set the cruise the converter still locks up. Are there tables that we just don't have in the V6 world to completely eliminate this? What else could be done to help me out?
    98 Buick GSX IS3 Heads/GenVblower/cammed/intercooled and stalled
    02 Collector Edition Trans Am WS6
    94 S-10 with Rancho 3" lift on 33's
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe

Advanced Tuner

Yes

Yes, there is a set of specific tables beyond Normal vs Performance.

It is a set of tables specifically for when you are using cruise control. No, we cant see them yet.

Thier are all kinds of tranny tables we miss out on. Even in the LS1 tunes there is a master TCC table that forces lockup at a certain speed reguardless of the other tables or settings. Most truck tunes have it set to around 70, but luckily most cars have it set to 256, so you can still tune lockup with the other tables.

I became aware of this when I swapped a segment from a truck for 4l80 in a F-body, couldn't figure out why the converter would lockup in the middle of a 3rd gear dyno pull reguardless of the settings. Luckly I also own CATS Tuner and read the tune with it and found the missing table. Also TCC ramp rate for engagment vs slip and all the manual tables that for example, force a truck to shift to 2nd even when manually locked in 1st. Now that I know they are there I use them all the time.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 10-31-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Tuner
    Thanks, that's what I was thinking. This converter really needs to come out and get fixed and if it turns out to be the ZZP input shaft i'm going to be really pissed.
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe

Tuner in Training
    Anything further on this yet? Curious to know.
    MP112 conversion.

2000' Grand Prix GTP

Tuner
    I've done a number of things but really haven't tried it, stored for the winter. I ran though and recalculated all of my numbers, my pulses per mile was off, can't remember by how much. That is used to calculate TCC functions so i'm hoping that might be it. Besides that i pulled the side cover and swapped out the TCC solenoid, some have told me i may have smoked that running the 90 & 100 values. We'll see if a month when i drive it, i was never able to actually disable the TC.
    93 Typhoon
    07 Tahoe