Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C6 procharger problem!! need help..

Tuner in Training

C6 procharger problem!! need help..

hi guys ,, just came from the dyno to tune my car which is corvette 2005 C6 MN6 .. i got 527 rwhp 474 rwtq and am happy with these numbers for now.. the problem is when i full throtle the car it hit the limiter at 6100 rpm! and i already change it by Hptuner to 7000 but it doesnt work!! secondly check engine light wont disappear and i dont know why! the car has 12.2 airfuel ratio and everything is fine ! the problem that kills me is the idle! cant start the engine with one turn! everytime when i start up the engine i have to raise the rpm a littel bit till it hold with 1000 rpm!
    any recommandaition or advices guys for these problems and what should i do to solve them ! plzzzz

MODS: procharger P1-SC 6 psi compelete kit
    42 pounds injectors
    kooks 1 3\4 headers no cats
    borlas x-pipe and catback
    cam shaft 114.5 + retainers + springs + pushrods
    SPEC stage 3 clutch + aluminum fly wheel
    thermostat 160 degree
    TR6 spark plugs NGK
    am using VP race gas with my car (MS 103)!!

post your tune

Tuner in Training
    i didnt have the tune now with me its in a different laptop!! any thing just for now till i post the tune!

Quote Originally Posted by vetteness
    i didnt have the tune now with me its in a different laptop!! any thing just for now till i post the tune!
    did u patch the MAF ?

Tuner in Training
    no i didnt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vetteness
    no i didnt!!!
    do it lol

Tuner in Training
    what do u mean by pach the maf! m not the tuner all what i have to do is telling my tuner to do it

Advanced Tuner
    It allows the MAF to see 15000 hz. If he clicks on HP icon for the operating system he can select the patch, and do a write entire to VCM.

Tuner in Training
    hi guys.. i pach the maf to 15000 hz but the car still hit the limiter @ 6200 rpm. the HP tuner hit the limiter @6800 rpm but the car shows 6200.. what do tou think about that and what should i do to slove this problem.. and yeah when i trying to slow down the car turn off by it self and still got problem with the idle!

A log and a tune would help troubleshoot.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Until you post a log and a tune we'll just spread chicken guts on the hood and then dance madly around your car in our underwear shouting loudly in the hope that it fixes it.
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 08-06-2007 at 02:23 AM.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    i ll post it as soon as i get iget it... thanx guys

Tuner in Training
    I had the same problem with my 06 Procharged MN6 Corvette. There is an acceleration based rev limiter that needs to be disabled.

In the following table I set all the revs to 8192 so that your revs will never exceed what it is looking for.

In this table set all the values to 0 to disable the check

Not sre about the idle but this will kill the early rev limiter problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stopltracr
    I had the same problem with my 06 Procharged MN6 Corvette. There is an acceleration based rev limiter that needs to be disabled.

In the following table I set all the revs to 8192 so that your revs will never exceed what it is looking for.

I remember hearing about that but didn't make the connection with the Procharger. I have always heard about it when guys put 4.10's in. I guess the procharger increases acceleration enough to kick that in too.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    I remember hearing about that but didn't make the connection with the Procharger. I have always heard about it when guys put 4.10's in. I guess the procharger increases acceleration enough to kick that in too.
    I didn't have the issue with my Procharged C6 until I put 3.90 gears in it. With the cam he's making about 15whp/15wtq more than mine and it must be enough to cause the issue with the acceleration based rev limiter.

Tuner in Training
    do u think if i remove those 42 pounds ingectors will help mewith the idle and the limiter problem? cz i didnt find any solution for these problems!

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    No, you don't have to remove the injectors you have to TUNE the car. I have a stroker making the same power as you and mine ran like crap until the guys here got me straightened out. I'm not a pro so I don't want to offer any advise, but my point is you can't give up. Making radical changes to the car takes a good 10 hours of tuning to fix. My car would die as you described, and I tweeked airflow tables till it was fine. Same thing with the starting, that has an airflow table as well. But, they do need to see your tune.

Before you do anything you have to make sure you injector flow rate table is right. Mine was off and it caused lots of problems. Jus tspend some time with it.

So you're running good now RJ?
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by stopltracr

were gonna try today to do what u said and i hope to solve these problems!!

Tuner in Training
    That change will eliminate the early rev limiter but won't affect your idle. Your idle problems will still have to be tuned out.