Thread: GEN 3 coyote variable oil pressure delete

GEN 3 coyote variable oil pressure delete

I am wanting to delete or remove the oil pressure control in the base tune.

I am looking at my GEN2 tune and this function is not in there - and that I understand the GEN3's added this for fuel economy reasons? Since I have a built motor (1000+) - and I guess I am not too sure I care about gas mileage.... additionally the VCT's in the GEN3 are junk imo, and could use some more oil pressure below 3000RPM.

So not sure what is best way to do this in the tune and wondering if anyone else has messed with this function to allow the oil pump to make the pressure it will make and let the internal bypass do it's job... like it does in the GEN 1 and 2

right now that I see in the SYSTEMS Tab I see what could be a few potential paths and not sure which would be best.

1. Hardware set to Disable
    2. Enable Manual Control for manual duty cycle at 0%? or 100%
    3. Pressure control - minimum set all values to the 6500+ range

any ideas??

Tuner in Training
    20240508_214150_(1).jpg

I'm not a coyote guy and am working on a Godzilla with a Ford Racing Control pack tune on it. The Godzilla runs a variable oil pump and also VCT so maybe some of this might be helpful since you're not getting any other help. This the Godzilla Control Packs Variable Oiling settings and just as an FYI vct is left enabled.

Yes tracking that - the Gen 3 has the same thing -

I am wondering what the best way to do this would be....

1. Hardware set to Disable
    2. Enable Manual Control for manual duty cycle at 0%? or 100%
    3. Pressure control - minimum set all values to the 6500+ range

looks like they just disabled it on the godzilla
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eriktreves; 1 Week Ago at 01:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I ended up going Holley oil system on the 7.3 which converts it to a regular oil pump with a relief valve inside. I'd heard that by having the stock oil pump run at the max it can create oil pressure over 100psi which some people run. It made me wonder if you could do what you're suggesting, set it to manual control and set the duty cycle to a fixed value and play with it to get the results you want.

That's what I am after... just wondering if anyone has actually done it

Advanced Tuner
    Seems like the best way to do it would be grab a pump out of a gen 2 and run that. I would assume it bolts directly in place.

2021 Mach 1 has it disabled opposite to GT - use as reference.

Veefour - is it disabled in the tune or it mechanically disabled.