Thread: Wtf

Tuner in Training

Wtf

I went to open a config file a message popped up that side what software to open file. i went too close it and accidently hit adobe acrobat to open files. Now i cannot open any files and cannot create. All the files show the symbol of adobe acrobat before the file name. So i uninstalled adobe acrobat from computer and now the the symbol is blank. I cannot show files because my computer with the files cannot connect to internet. 2.23 beta. Everything worked fine intell my Fuk up. Thx

Advanced Tuner
    I had to laugh on that one
    Right click the file and choose "Open with". If the Editor is not in the list then "Choose another app" then root around and find the Editor. Check the box "Always use this app". for me it doesn't always take the first time so I have to do it twice to stick.
    I don't click the files, for a different reason, but instead open the Editor and click the folder icon at the top right.
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, i think i know whats going on. My battery is completely dead. The only why to turn it on is plugging it in. Then when i unplug its dead and t does not save date. Computer is 2006 Gateway. I bought a new computer but i cant install my 2.24 version. I have to upgrade which is so weird. So every nparameter i need is in may 2.24. I don't want to spend 1k for new software. But once the computer doesn't turn on, time to bite the bullet.

Since we are on scanner thread. Im having another problem. I lost my 3 bar parameter. When i go to insert it only gives me 1 or 2 bar. How do i install 3 bar. Im running over 30psi boost. On the VE it flattens out around 205 and goes horizontal and wont go any more???? Thx

Advanced Tuner
    I've never had a PC last that long. Five years on the outside for me.

You mean HP version 2.24? I'd assume a newer version would have all the same stuff? Your settings will all be on the old PC so you should be able to copy them over.
    Not sure if the old settings will work on the latest version of HP, but worth a try. Optionally you should be able to run the older 2.24 version on the new PC. Don't install it, just copy it over. I don't "install" mine, and if I switch PC's I just copy what I need to the new one.

I'd imagine the default HP folder is in C\Program Files or the x86 folder? Then your settings should be in another folder, likely Documents or My Documents in your user folder? Copy those to the new pc and I'd imagine it'll run. You don't have to put them in the same spot, eg mine are on my D drive. Simply D\HP Tuners, and my settings folder is inside that folder.
    My oldest version of HP is 4.10, so I'm basing my assumptions from that, fyi.

I don't know what 3 bar parameter you mean. Gotta pix? If you mean a chart, then you can right click on the chart and choose Layout. Again I'm assuming 2.24 acts like 4.10. If all fails you could send me 2.24 and I could look.
    What software is $1000?
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909