Thread: Self Tuning ?

Tuner in Training

Self Tuning ?

I have a question on how most approach a tune done from someone else. The reason I ask this question I seen a video of a tuner and he loaded the factory tune back on and started from there. Also he was tuning a similar setup as I have. I have a 2011 c6 ls3 a6 e-force 3.50 pulley with the tune provided from edelbrock. If I was to approach it that way I know a few things I need to adjust then moving on to get maf dialed in. I know I would have to change the injection data for the ls9 inj's, 160 stat and rear 02's. There maybe other things I am unaware of going that route. I do know the a6 has been re-tuned with the can tune. Let me know what you guys think start fresh or the can tune route. On a side note I never upgraded my mpv1 pro, I may have soon since is not supported with windows 11. I am at the point that I am determined to learn self tuning.
    Kerry

Being a novice tuner like yourself I would work off the current tune since most of the drivability stuff is probably pretty good.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    Being a novice tuner like yourself I would work off the current tune since most of the drivability stuff is probably pretty good.
    You are correct the drivability is good with the can tune from edelbrock. The tune provided does need some improvements since they only offer the same tune for a 3.875 or 3.50 pulley. I assume a knowledgeable tuner would prefer to do it their way over cleaning up a bad tune.I agree as a novice tuner my best route is to use this tune as a staring point.
    thanks Kerry